LIMIT 900SE syrus tuned.Price Hike.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by abnett26247, Jan 16, 2005.

1. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These where selling for £100 a few weeks ago (inc postage free)From "PLAY "Ive just asked if ther in stock now the answer is yes BUT the price is up to £!49 this week ,50% hike,Seems just ordinary now at that price , So can any one please give me anouther option i was going to buy this as its noted for its great sound, ie i want to use it for cd / surround mode as much as watching movies, ( MULTI PLAYER IDEALLY PIONEER LOOKS OK 575 BUT ITS NOT NOTED FOR ITS SOUND IS IT ?) :blush:

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    It was £199 a few months ago when I got one :mad: but as it's such a good machine I'm still very happy with it :thumbsup: so at £150 I would say it's still a damn fine deal.

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    It really is a beautiful player and nice weighty metallic construction. Picture quality via component is absolutely outstanding especially ntsc in progressive mode (my projector doesn't do pal progressive brilliantly well due to resolution limits but its still the best pal progressive image I've seen on it). Audio quality via my 5.1 headphones is excellent and a real step up from other players I've tried. 2 things I've noticed most of all is the amount of detail it can pull off cds (I didn't know it was there before) and the pure clarity of the progressive images. So natural and realistic. Its reinforced my opinion that zoran make the best dvd decoding chips. Obviously Arcam knows what its doing choosing zoran over other manufacturers and this Limit's combination of a Zoran chipset and Cyrus audio tuning makes it a wonderful player. As you can tell I'm really pleased with the player.

4. PhillipStanton

PhillipStanton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just having a look around Play.com I've spotted that they've got the 900SE for £99.99 and the 800SE for £79.99.

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    yep seems to be back down to £99.99 for the A900SE. If you want a no frills but high performance dvd player its an excellent price.

6. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at the 900, I am aware of the fact that it's Cyrus tunes, and am sure it's sound and picture are very good, but...

is it just me or is the ugliest lucking DVD player available?

7. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    It certainly isn't. It looks fantastic with a beautiful posh blue display and strong brushed aluminium front. It looks beautifully well built and is. Have you actually seen one close up? I'm struggling to try and think of a dvd player more attractive. Perhaps the Samsung HD945. However most dvd players nowadays are incredibly plasticky and lightweight and look awful close up with cheap buttons and flimsy trays and you certainly couldn't accuse the Limit of that. It weighs about 3x as much some other players probably due to the large psu board and metal case more than anything though.

8. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In this is the case, Limit's Website certainly doesnt do the play justice. Is there any chance you could post a few close-up pics of the unit, just so we can get a better idea of the finish? The sounds quality makes it very tempting at £100!

9. burnmypies

burnmypies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got my 900se delivered from play.com
    i have to say I don't think this can be beaten for the (current) price. CD's sound amazing, picture is great and yes, I was worried about the looks but let me assure you the picture on the website does this unit no justice whatsoever - it really is pretty gorgeous.

if you're looking to upgrade and you're on a budget, buy one of these - its an absolute steal at 99 quid