Likely make & model number?

kevmarshall

Active Member
Having SkyHD installed on 1st Sept and would like to have my Harmony remote set up ready to use on the main box.

The SkyHD remote can then go straight upstairs to use on my TV link/Magic eye.

Problem is, I will need the make and model number of the HD box.

What is it likely to be please............?
 

agoodey

Active Member
My Harmony 885 is setup as Manufacturer 'Sky Digital' and Product 'Sky HD PVR'

It works pretty well on the default settings for that item, but I have made a few tweaks to the teletext keys etc.
 

kevmarshall

Active Member
agoodey said:
My Harmony 885 is setup as Manufacturer 'Sky Digital' and Product 'Sky HD PVR'

It works pretty well on the default settings for that item, but I have made a few tweaks to the teletext keys etc.

Thanks for that.

I presume the make is Thomson bt doesn't the box have an actual model number underneath then? (like sky+)
 

huntere

Well-known Member
When I went from Sky + to HD I did abslutely no changes to my Harmony.

Everything worked as is (as far as Sky remote goes)

Only thing I had to chnage was input for watch tv
 

iaincsb

Standard Member
kevmarshall said:
Having SkyHD installed on 1st Sept and would like to have my Harmony remote set up ready to use on the main box.

The SkyHD remote can then go straight upstairs to use on my TV link/Magic eye.

Problem is, I will need the make and model number of the HD box.

What is it likely to be please............?

I selected Thomson as the Manufacturer and used the model number from the settings screen on the Sky HD box

HD PVR - Thomson PVR (605270A) (Taken from my Harmony settings page)

I have both Sky+ and Sky HD in the same room. I use Sky+ with a SkyEye so that both work independantly of each other

This works perfectly on my Harmony 885

Iain
 

kevmarshall

Active Member
iaincsb said:
I selected Thomson as the Manufacturer and used the model number from the settings screen on the Sky HD box

HD PVR - Thomson PVR (605270A) (Taken from my Harmony settings page)

I have both Sky+ and Sky HD in the same room. I use Sky+ with a SkyEye so that both work independantly of each other

This works perfectly on my Harmony 885

Iain

Yes, I was planning on keeping Sky+ as Freesat Receiver. The only difference is I would want the SkyEye to be transferred to the HD box.

Is that possible?
 

kevmarshall

Active Member
huntere said:
When I went from Sky + to HD I did abslutely no changes to my Harmony.

Everything worked as is (as far as Sky remote goes)

Only thing I had to chnage was input for watch tv

I was planning on keeping Sky+ as Freesat Receiver.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom