Liked Infernal Affairs & Hard Boiled, where now?

wilber

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Wilber Jr has discovered these films recently & is now after more of the same.

There's the obvious IF 2 & 3 plus bullet in the head & the killer. But what else can you recommend & which version since there seem to be 1001 different versions of many of these films!

Well, I'm pretty sure you have Bullet in the Head in the post.;)
Try A Better Tomorrow 1, 2 and 3 (I've only seen 1 so far)

A Better Tomorrow (Anchor Bay R0)
A Better Tomorrow 2 (Anchor Bay R0)

Although there's a new boxset coming soon with ABT1-3 anamorphic remasted with 5.1 DTS

also Full Contact (R3/0 Mei Ah)

Tiger on the Beat is good, comedy action and stars Chow Yun Fat.

Thanks for the advice - any more suggestions?

Are you looking more for gun play type genre or Jap films in general? There's quite a few worth checking out but aren't necessarily gun play but I shall list all anyway. These are all set in more modern times (no period pieces but I can recomend some of these too should you wish - musa the warrior, Hero to name two):-

Returner
P.T.U.
Natural City
So Close
Battle Royale I&II
Heroic Duo
The Mission
Running Out Of Time
Guns & Talks
Wasabi (With Jean Reno:))
Brother
Full Contact
Full Time Killer
Kyouki no Sakura

That'll keep you busy for a while. Let Me know if you want any more recomendations:)

"Returner
Battle Royale I&II"

I'd be interested to see what people think of these as I will be buying them at some point this year.

Originally posted by valhalla
"Returner
Battle Royale I&II"

I'd be interested to see what people think of these as I will be buying them at some point this year.

Returner is a copy of just about every sci-fi film ever made (Terminator, ET, Independance day and matrix). It has plenty of action and is a out and out pop corn flick that I thoroughly enjoyed. Don't expect a deep story line or fantastic acting as this is not really what it's about. If your looking for something light that's gona kill a couple of hours then this is just what the doctor ordered:)

BR I&II are very violent with lots of action and gore based around the idea of survival of the fitest. It's a game show where the only winers are those that survived to the end:eek: It has black humor a plenty with good acting and has lots of ideas not usually coverd this side of the pond. Both are worth adding to your collection:smashin:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that.

Very positive reaction to the films so far from a number of people - definite additons towards the end of the year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom