1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like film soundtracks? Like UNKLE?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Ed Selley, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,334
    You'll want to give Edit Music for a Film a go then :smashin:.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8317/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/026-1839948-9516434
    Not a beautiful recording by any stretch of the imagination but features some lively reworks of 2001, Dune & Bladerunner amongst others. This is worth it alone as far as I am concerned for the Roots Manuva reprise of the Kill Bill title music.

Bloody marvellous and worth a go.
    ToF

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Jus bought this (belatedly, I know!) on your recommendation.

Ace! Thanks for the tip.

:clap: :smashin:

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,334
    :eek: Steady sir, I'd wholeheatedly recommend test listening to my recommendations first- I own Boss Drum by The Shamen donchaknow :laugh:

4. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I was an avid UNKLE listener and fan.....everything they had released was nop notch IMO.....then I purchased "Edit Music for a Film"

I personally thought it was a load of old tosh :( Was extremly peed off with it.....my summary of the whole thing (both CDs) is: Take snippits from films/trailers/intros...mix up with some past UNKLE samples and then sing some previously used UNKLE lyrics over-the-top.

After taking the music in, then taking a very close look at the packaging I got the impression they were saying "If film companies can fleece you for releasing the same stuff over and over, so can we"

Maybe I read too much into it, but as an UNKLE fan, I was not ammused by this album to say the least :thumbsdow