1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lik sang

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by sc1977, Jun 30, 2003.

1. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    has any body ordered from lik sang and incurred charges on their doorstep ? if so what are these for and are they correct?

2. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've ordered from Lik-sang and not incurred charges because my item was below a certain value and hence was exempt from duty.

Lik-sang being based in HK is outside the EU so therefore you have imported an item, and as such you are not charged VAT by the exporter. The UK government does not like such flagrant value for money and has a sent a pack of dogs after you to discourage such practices. These guard dogs are called Customs and Excise and they recover what is called Import duty and also charge VAT on any expensive items that are bought from outside the EU.

I have been stung on other items from other stores and quite frankly it's a pi55er. Any savings you may have made are eroded and in fact it may cost you more than buying the same item within the EU (if it is available), which is the general idea. The government seeks to discourage people from finding channels outside of the standard consumer chain that circumvent tax collection. Your hard-earned cash is only yours until they can find a way of getting it from you and taxation is a great way.

Anyway, there's nothing you can do but pay up and learn what to factor in next time you're weighing up the ost of buying from the US, Canada, China or Japan.

Apologies for the sarcasm, but I've recently learnt that if I sell a personal posession of mine at a loss on Ebay, I will now have to pay VAT on that too... :suicide:

Gunrock

3. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    cheers:smashin: