Lik Sang.

Serves Lik-Sang right with the amount of piracy crap they sold.

I never liked them. Poor customer services and high prices.

Hmmm... Bit of a shame since I wanted to buy an Xbox mod chip off them. Looks like I'll have to go elsewhere now for my import fix since importing an Xbox from the USA I'm sure wouldn't be cheap.

Originally posted by groundy

I disagree.

Stuff I have bought from the in the past included:

2 x DC maraccas
Ikaruga
N64 Passport 3 converter
PSX joypad converter for PC
VGA box for DC

All good stuff. I believe M$ are just using bully-boy tactics to shut down a legitimate retailer and I am not happy.

:mad:

Ono, Lik-Sang thrived on piracy and backup device sales. They advertised these products blatently alongside standard fare like the things you mention.

Furthermore, everything you list is available elsewhere from more reputable sources and for less money. Yes, they did sell some hard-to-find and good products but I stand by my comments that it serves them right - because it does.

anyone that would see Lik-Sang as a legit retailer needs to learn the ropes. Sure they sold original stuff, but then pirates usually need an original machine to play their copies on..;)
If people like Lik-Sang had an ounce of common sense they'd have cut down on the push they gave to non-legit products. Do they really think people are stupid..
This is ther first of many that will go and good luck to the console manufacturers in stopping this crap. Serves them right..

exactly what products did they sell which were not legit?
they did not sell any pirate software. every product they sold had a legitimate purpose including backup devices and modchips.
the fact that most people may use them for piracy does not diminish there legitimicy, after all how many out there would like to get rid of there cd burners and cdr's simply because they are an avenue for piracy?
none of these devices are illigal under consumer law, there are in fact good (non-pirate) reasons to own these products.
most companies that get shut down do so "voluntarily" because they cannot risk facing such a large company as microsoft in court they simply do not have the funds to fight them.
remember even if you "know" that lik-sang existed for the sole purpose of spreading piracy it is not what you know that matters but what you can prove, and as long as these products have a legitimate purpose other than enabling the use of pirated software they will remain legal. whether a company has the balls to face microsoft in court is anouther matter.

ps. who is one of the worlds largest suppliers of cdr's and cd burners? SONY thats who. hypocrites!

Nathan

I personally don't get so wound up about piracy, I am not too bothered that some people don't want to add to Bill Gates purse anymore.

Originally posted by NeoBlade
Hmmm... Bit of a shame since I wanted to buy an Xbox mod chip off them. Looks like I'll have to go elsewhere now for my import fix since importing an Xbox from the USA I'm sure wouldn't be cheap.

I recently had 1st class service from "the bald bouncer" on an x-box mod chip. I received it before the payment could have even cleared in his bank!

titan, if Lik-Sang hadn;t advertised the back-up capabilities of their products so blatantl this would not have happened. It's common sense, and they clearly didn;t have any..:D

If they were confident that they were not doing anything wrong then they could have faced Microsoft. I'm sure any court would have given them a fair hearing as MS has a reputation for bully boy tactics and the feds are already trying to restrain them. Any company that felt it was being victimised by MS would have had the US justice system's full sympathy.

The fact is, in all things legal there is a point where the BS stops and a test of reasonableness is applied. Proof is not everything. Remember you can get done for murder without a body. If it could be argued that this company was subtly implying that their goods were usefull to pirates then MS would have a case.

S

Originally posted by groundy

WOW!
someone with a spine,you dont see that everyday!
go groundy!

They have re-opened but no longer sell develoopment kits and Linkers :(

From the site:

At September 16th a lawsuit against Lik Sang International Limited and it's directors has been filed in the High Court of Hong Kong by the companies Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft on infringing on copyrighted material and selling Mod Chips or other development and backup devices for the Plaintiffs consoles.

At September 17th, the High Court of Hong Kong issued Orders and Injunctions against Lik Sang which prevented selling or advertising Mod Chips (and other products in questions). The details outlined in those Injunctions took Lik-Sang.com and the company with more than 20 full-time employees "down" - business was officially closed till today. Lik Sang and it's employees couldn't even speak about the case due to an injunction of the High Court.

Lik Sang International Limited has removed all the products in questions from it's website and started it's business operation again by Tuesday, October 15th. Un-shipped orders will be processed in due course and the first shipments are scheduled to dispatch by November 1st. Customers with unshipped orders will receive emails with shipping & or cancellation information in the meantime. New orders are welcome.

Please note that Lik Sang International Limited has always sold the products in questions with the legitimate use in mind and the products haven't been considered as illegal. All the Court Orders have been issued before hearing a single word from the company. However, Lik Sang is not committed on selling the questioned products in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom