Lik Sang.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by neilo, Oct 3, 2002.

1. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Serves Lik-Sang right with the amount of piracy crap they sold.

I never liked them. Poor customer services and high prices.

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm... Bit of a shame since I wanted to buy an Xbox mod chip off them. Looks like I'll have to go elsewhere now for my import fix since importing an Xbox from the USA I'm sure wouldn't be cheap.

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220

I disagree.

Stuff I have bought from the in the past included:

2 x DC maraccas
    Ikaruga
    N64 Passport 3 converter
    PSX joypad converter for PC
    VGA box for DC

All good stuff. I believe M$ are just using bully-boy tactics to shut down a legitimate retailer and I am not happy.

:mad:

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ono, Lik-Sang thrived on piracy and backup device sales. They advertised these products blatently alongside standard fare like the things you mention.

Furthermore, everything you list is available elsewhere from more reputable sources and for less money. Yes, they did sell some hard-to-find and good products but I stand by my comments that it serves them right - because it does.

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    anyone that would see Lik-Sang as a legit retailer needs to learn the ropes. Sure they sold original stuff, but then pirates usually need an original machine to play their copies on..;)
    If people like Lik-Sang had an ounce of common sense they'd have cut down on the push they gave to non-legit products. Do they really think people are stupid..
    This is ther first of many that will go and good luck to the console manufacturers in stopping this crap. Serves them right..

7. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    exactly what products did they sell which were not legit?
    they did not sell any pirate software. every product they sold had a legitimate purpose including backup devices and modchips.
    the fact that most people may use them for piracy does not diminish there legitimicy, after all how many out there would like to get rid of there cd burners and cdr's simply because they are an avenue for piracy?
    none of these devices are illigal under consumer law, there are in fact good (non-pirate) reasons to own these products.
    most companies that get shut down do so "voluntarily" because they cannot risk facing such a large company as microsoft in court they simply do not have the funds to fight them.
    remember even if you "know" that lik-sang existed for the sole purpose of spreading piracy it is not what you know that matters but what you can prove, and as long as these products have a legitimate purpose other than enabling the use of pirated software they will remain legal. whether a company has the balls to face microsoft in court is anouther matter.

ps. who is one of the worlds largest suppliers of cdr's and cd burners? SONY thats who. hypocrites!

Nathan

8. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,119
    I personally don't get so wound up about piracy, I am not too bothered that some people don't want to add to Bill Gates purse anymore.

9. John DB

John DB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I recently had 1st class service from "the bald bouncer" on an x-box mod chip. I received it before the payment could have even cleared in his bank!

10. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
    titan, if Lik-Sang hadn;t advertised the back-up capabilities of their products so blatantl this would not have happened. It's common sense, and they clearly didn;t have any..:D

11. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If they were confident that they were not doing anything wrong then they could have faced Microsoft. I'm sure any court would have given them a fair hearing as MS has a reputation for bully boy tactics and the feds are already trying to restrain them. Any company that felt it was being victimised by MS would have had the US justice system's full sympathy.

The fact is, in all things legal there is a point where the BS stops and a test of reasonableness is applied. Proof is not everything. Remember you can get done for murder without a body. If it could be argued that this company was subtly implying that their goods were usefull to pirates then MS would have a case.

S

12. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    WOW!
    someone with a spine,you dont see that everyday!
    go groundy!

13. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    They have re-opened but no longer sell develoopment kits and Linkers :(

From the site: