1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lik-sang has shipped my Super Mario Sunshine.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by zcaps57, Jul 17, 2002.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I pre-ordered Super Mario Sunshine and Beach Spikers for GameCube at Lik-sang, last month.

Anyway,
    today, Lik-sang said they shipped my order today via UPS.
    So... I'll get it tomorrow morning/noon. Woohoo~! :D

I just can't wait... :D

:D ;) :) :) :D

2. stewarthollyhead

stewarthollyhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whilst i usually applaud importing softwarein this case i think youve made a bit of a mistake. It has been confirmed that all text in Mario Sunshine is japanese only. So solving the puzzles without any of the clues and talking to characters is gonna be a bit of an arse. good luck :)

3. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    zcaps57

Nice one mate let us know your impression of it.
    Let me know if it is easy to understand as I can get hold of a copy but not sure wether to hold on for the USA version.

Going by your photo I bet you can un understand japanese anyway (no offence intended)

All the best fuzzybee

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've pre-ordered my USA version of Mario a good while back, but really the Japanese text won't hurt too much. After all the plot will never be that complex and all Mario games have been about exploring rather than chatting up NCPs. Still he could always trade in his japanese copy for a US one once its out.

I just can't wait for this game to be honest. I wanted a sequel soon after Mario 64 and this should be perfect. Shine on.

6. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, folks.

I received Super Mario Sunshine, and Beach Spikers, yesterday.

I've played about 7~8 hours since I received it.
    (So far, I've collected 10 shines.)
    Yep, it is fantatic. :D

As you know, Mario's always been about exploring/action.

If you talk to natives of Dolphic island, they gives you quite a bit of hint/information about specific mission. (In Japanese text.)
    Apart from this, main strory cut-scenes upto I've seen so far had English voice acting with Japanese subtitles.

I don't think that Japanese text is problems for importers who doesn't understand Japanese. If you explore, you can always figure it out. - quite easy I think. But then, I may be biased in this regard because I speak Japanese.

It has a lot of things/actions going on at the same time in the same stage.
    Very similar to Mario64, but enhanced in graphics/actions/sound/story.

Graphics're quite good. But nothing like jaw-dropping visuals.
    Water effects're fantastic. :) You'll get a chance to go out to ocean and ride things. (I've encountered 2 them so far.)

So far, I'm in love with this game. :D
    It is just FUN to explore around, and to even watch.

P.S. I haven't opened Beach Spikers, yet.

7. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Sounds pretty good!

I am now hungering for some Mario action after completing SMW on GBA over my holidays.

8. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah.. The USA release of Mario Sunshine can't come soon enough. More good news that the Star Fox Adventures release date has been pushed forward by a week as well.

9. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    got to say that every mario game that i have had i have enjoyed far more with jap text.
    lets face it the mario games are aimed at a young starting audience, and the info you get by talking to characters usually makes finding the next star or whatever too easy.
    I played mario 64 on Jap for about 6 weeks and still had about 6 stars missing.got the usa version when it came out and the stars that i had missing in the jap version, and that had kept me enjoying the game, suddenly became obvious, i think one of the was called "chip off the old block" worked that out straight away.in fact finished the whole thing in 3 days, ok i knew what most of the stars were, but ones that had eluded me for weeks were suddenly obvious.

seems more like an adventure game in jap, just a platform game in english.

So I think that i will order the Jap version.

10. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One game that I wouldn't get in Japanese would be RPGs... Zelda though would probably be easy enough but I'd rather understand the storyline just to have a sense of completion. Nintendo do like to hold the gamers hand though.. Sometimes a bit too much so it would be nice if there was an option to drop the hints.

Note to self.. Must learn Japanese... I only know a few phrases >_<