Lik Sang ?Customs

stormjai

Established Member
Reaction score
I,m thinking of getting MS HiDef cable, and gamecube component cable from Lik sang- about £40 together.
Has anybody oredered from them and been charged customs duty?
how fast is their delivery?

thanks

I've never been charged any customs duty but I do know some people who have. For me postage is usually a minumum of a week and a maximum of a month.

I ordered an Xbox HiDef kit and Mega X-Key from Lik-Sang, it took 3 weeks and cost me £11 in customs fees (value of goods from Lik-Sang was £42). I believe its just pure luck whether you get delayed & charged or not, and the majority get through unchecked. I was just unlucky :(

stormjai said:
I,m thinking of getting MS HiDef cable, and gamecube component cable from Lik sang- about £40 together.
Has anybody oredered from them and been charged customs duty?
how fast is their delivery?

thanks

I used them for the first time a couple of months ago after hearing nothing but good things about them. Placed a pretty big (£250ish) order with them and unfortunatly had a few problems. 1st of all they weren't prepared to process my card payment and wanted me to fax a few more details to them (card security number, copy of my signiture etc) which I wasn't too sure about. Then one of the items which it said was in stock wasn't, this meant that all the games were going to be sent when this one did come in as untill I'd sent a good few mails complaining (to which they do at least reply) they weren't prepared to part ship. The first batch of games arrived within a week (q good) but it was nearly a month before the out of stock ones finally arrived with me which kind of takes the fun out of impulse buying. I then recieved a bill from TNT for just over £50 for duty which whilst still leaving the games pretty well priced ceratainly didn't leave them the bargain they originally seemed. I would use them again but only for real bargains (there are some too) which i wasn't in a hurry for and that didn't amont to too many £££s.

I ordered a H/D cable from them via U.P.S. arrived within 4days
Ordered the GC component cable ,Wed should arrive Mon office hours allowing for the weekend, no customs duty on the H/D so I dont expect any on CG cable either great service via U.P.S online tracking !...........

Just been stung for an extra £15.84 customs duty ,the guy who delvered it said about 2 in every 100 transactions get through with no duty! :(

I bought an x-box s-video cable and a switch box ,so i can switch between my ps2 and x-box, for a total of about £24 pounds.

Got it sent to my work and avoided duty. My home address always gets hit for Duty.

Buy it from www.tronixweb.com its $20 and fed ex 2 day international is $15 so $35 it total which is just bout £20 :clap:
Ive ordered mine from there and had 2 Ps2 games a few months ago and they arrived no problem :D

speakin of lik-san, I ordered a 4player PSX adaptor on the 4th October and it hasnt turned up yet and the UPS tracking doesnt work, any ideas?

Like i said before just order it from Liksang's European site.........
Lik Sang Europe is Lik Sang's independent Shipping Centre in the heart of Europe. Enjoy shopping for cutting edge videogame equipment combined with safe and convenient payment and shipping options.

Get your orders fast and reliable - all products in stock at our European location
Shipping partners such as UPS and DHL ensure speedy cost inexpensive delivery
You can pay once the parcel arrives at your doorstep using COD (Cash On Delivery)
Pay through your bank account (Direct Debit) or just deposit funds into our bank account
As usual, you can also pay safely by Credit Card, PayPal and other common options
All orders shipped within the European Union, no extra duties and taxes or hidden costs
Companies are supplied free of tax (a valid EU VAT number is required)
Customers from non-EU countries are buying tax free (both private and companies)
Top-notch Guarantee for all equipment sold. No hassle and stress free. Period.
Limited-time 100% money-back guarantee - in case you don't like the products you purchased

You can still order all products from Hong Kong directly with the best service as usual and without paying extra bucks due to EU taxes and labour cost. Lik Sang Europe is an independent shipping centre established to provide COD shipping and other advantages of the European Union.

No customs charges Simple really :smashin:

I ordered the XBOX Hi-Def kit from Liksang. Came to just over £20 which of course is over the £18 threshhold. It arrived a week later, well just under a week as I ordered on a Monday night and it arrived the following Monday morning.

BUT european site has limited stock, eg no HiDef MS cable. Also price is much higher than HK site!! :rolleyes:

stormjai said:
BUT european site has limited stock, eg no HiDef MS cable. Also price is much higher than HK site!! :rolleyes:

HiDef Kit Here

LDR, yes they have HiDef kit, but that is at HK site, not European site, as I posted before :lesson:

Didnt realise that when you clicked on the Euro site and then selected the hidef kit it came from the other site..my apologies. :blush:

I ordered exactly the same (MS Hi-Def kit and gamecube component lead) from Lik-Sang last thursday night.

They arrived yesterday morning. I was careful to use the first shipping option (global priority ??) as I had heard that if you use the big carriers, they automatically charge you customs regardless, although I don't know if this is true.

Anyway, it was a medium sized box, with a $64 merchandise customs sticker on it, but I didn't have to pay any charges. It had to come from the HK warehouse, as they don't do the MS Hi-Def in Europe, but it seems from the packaging that it was first shipped from HK to the European depot, and then on from there to myself, so whether that made a difference to how the customs works, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I obviously can't guarantee the result, but I was certainly lucky enough to not get charged by Royal Mail.

HTH,

Michael.

My story is very similar to michaelj.

Order the Hidef kit from the HK site but the box arrived in 7 days and did look like it had come from Germany.
I also opted from the cheapest delivery method as I also believe that the big carriers can sometimes attract the customs.

Very impressed with the kit , the xbox looks great on my Sharp Aquos :thumbsup:

Drphibes

I once got some cables like this from the States. Had to pick them up from a Depot as I wasn't in and was expecting to be charged at the counter for the customs. I wasn't and then a few weeks later got a bill in the post from the parcel company for the customs, about £12 (can't remember which parcel company).
Strangely I haven't sent them anything yet. I'll wait for a reminder.

You can get hit by customs charges way after you actually have your good delivered.
I ordered a dvd boxset from Amazon.ca and was given free upgraded delivery to DHL , the dvd arrived in quick time but 3 months later I recieved the customs bill!!!.

Drphibes

I think it really depends on which delivery method you choose and the type of items you are ordering and the size/weight of it... I've ordered dozens of small items from liksang such as cables and such and have never been charged any extras for import taxes but have ordered a few consolesand been hit hard with import taxes... like i said, it all comes down to what you're ordering as electronic stuff usually get taxed with import dutie and other expenses.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom