Lightweight/portable widescreen set?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Bert Coules, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Since my place is undergoing extensive renovation and will finish up being almost completely open-plan, I'm toying with the idea of installing several video/audio sockets dotted around in various locations, fed from a central distribution amp, and having a moveable smallish TV on a wheeled stand to complement my projection setup.

After an admittedly brief search I haven't come across a w/s set any smaller than 24". Does anyone make a smaller one? Or - silly question, I realise - is any one manufacturer noted for the unusual lightness of its TVs?

Thanks in advance.

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,168
    Bert

Have you considered an LCD TV - we have the new Panasonic 15" and 22" units and they look pretty amazing; though not what you would call cheap!

Regards

Joe

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Joe, thanks for the reply. Yes, I did wonder about using an LCD set - and then I'm afraid I wondered no longer when I saw the prices... They do look impressive, though.

On the CRT question, I discovered that Sony used to make a 16" widescreen model but discontinued it a few years ago "because there was no demand" to quote a local dealer. It's funny how often I hear that line whenever I enquire about things - obviously my tastes aren't in tune with the rest of the country's...

Actually, I'd have thought that a smallish widescreen set would have found a decent bit of a market these days.

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk