LightwaveRF

madmadmick

Standard Member
I'm a bit of a dunce, but cant figure out what the connections on the switches stand for. There is an L an S and what looks like a an X but is an arrow crossed by a wavy line. I'm assuming L is Live but, not 100% sure. The manual is unclear to me.

supraTTman

Banned
You're right - I also found the symbols unintuitive, confusing to say the least when I installed mine.

L is Live
X (crossed out wavy line - good description!) connects to the load (bulb). The other end of the load goes to Neutral
S is only needed if you have 2 (or more) switches controlling the same light. In this situation, you just link all the S terminals together. You'll need 1 master switch, then the others are (cheaper) slave units.

I've been well impressed with my light switches & plug-in dimmers so far - apart from an early failure which they replaced immediately.

madmadmick

Standard Member
Cheers supraTTman. That makes the job simple. Just a question regarding master and slave. I was told by another company that you only use slaves when you have 2 switch's in 1 room. For instance the hallway, or a large room with switch's at either end, is this incorrect?

madmadmick

Standard Member
Now fitted and working. Work a treat and now paired with my Iphone.
Next thing I need to do set up a sequence if we're out overnight.
I have another switch to fit in my bedroom, but as I have 9x50wt downlighters, I will need to replace with LED's :(
I hope to have several rooms sorted in the next few months.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom