LightwaveRF WiFi link no server reply

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MrMister111, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MrMister111

MrMister111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Tried my lights on off on my iPhone and didn't work over 3G (WiFi was fine).

Looked on the WiFi link and it said no server reply. Rebooted but then had to leave. I also have a camera and can see if the light is on/off and it's not working.

Any known problems or anything I can do now I'm away? Frustrating that when I really want it to work it doesn't!!

2. Chester

Chester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    Sorry, all I can say is that whilst I don't use my LWRF Link for external access (trying to limit the exposure of remote tampering slightly), I still notice that my box also frequently loses connection to the LWRF servers. Not good if you need to relay commands and get the camera images/data back.

3. MrMister111

MrMister111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Well I'm away at mo and it didn't work. Haven't used in a while remotely and lo and behold doesn't work when needed.

I was worried buying into LWrf because of the uncertainty and am more so now. I was told though that the servers don't rely on a company per say. Not really sure though.

Will restart my router and WiFi link when back and then unsure though....

4. Chester

Chester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    At the time of writing (i.e. now) my box's blue light is steady on, S is in the display, and it should work. So that would point to something at your home address but I can't really comment more than that.