LightwaveRF TRVs turning themselves on

yewtrees

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently installed four LightwaveRF TRVs (model LW922). I'm controlling them via a Link Plus model L2 smart series hub and the Lightwave android app on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

When I first set everything up, the TRVs appeared to work as expected. They responded to manual control from the app and I created some test timer automations, which also seemed to work OK. This was during the summer when the heating system was turned off, so I deleted the test automations, set the TRVs to the OFF state, intending to pick the project up again closer to when the heating would be needed.

A couple of weeks later, I happened to look in on the Lightwave app and found that two of the TRVs were in the ON state, despite me having done nothing manually and no automations present that could have turned them on. I once again set them to the OFF state, but a couple of days later there were some TRVs that had turned on again.

In an attempt to suppress this behaviour, I created some automations to turn the TRVs off daily, but I'm still getting occasions when I check in with the app and one or more TRVs have turned back on. This behaviour has been observed on all four TRVs, so I'm fairly sure it's not a TRV problem.

Has anyone else encountered similar behaviour with LightwaveRF TRVs and/or can anyone suggest what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are they turning on at a particular time , not up to date with light wave but is there a log to see when and what is turning them on

I haven't actually witnessed them in the act of turning on and I'm not aware of any activity log being available to view.

Have you raised a ticket with Lightwave RF support?

Although I have LWRF lighting, I wouldn't go near the heating stuff, too many bad reviews. Funny how they've embraced Honeywell now.

I spoke with Lightwave support, but they weren't much help. Said they'd never heard of such a problem before and didn't see how it was possible. The person taking my call didn't seem particularly knowledgable or confident, so I didn't really press it with them.

Lightwave TRV’s do have an ‘exercise mode’ which doesn’t necessarily tie directly to what you are experiencing but does give the Lightwave system the ability to wind in and out the actuators.

If this is failing or in some kind of calibration mode it could be related to the issue?

Just a thought

Fabien

Although I have LWRF lighting, I wouldn't go near the heating stuff, too many bad reviews. Funny how they've embraced Honeywell now.

Can I ask what make of heating controls you've gone for? I had a look at Energenie, but decided to go with Lightwave because of the two-way communication between hub and device, which I thought would be a better system.

Honeywell Evohome.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom