LightwaveRF automation help

MrMav11

Has anyone got any documents or info/advice on programming the lightwaveRF iPhone app?

I've setup my CFR lamp with a remote 1 gang switch now, I've got my WiFi link connected up. I've still got some basic sockets to setup yet. But the apps seems difficult to me to program.

Basically I want to be able to setup an "away from home" setting/program so it runs to randomly switch lights/sockets (table lamps?) on/off to a certain time at night, then maybe switch on a light to simulate a night time fridge raid or loo run!

What do people setup/program in their app? Can someone write a manual, post screenshots please.

Can someone tell me what they use it for, obviously manual override is good, but surely auto run night time programs etc is better.

Ideally I'd like LightwaveRF to also close my blind (asked before), but never got round to working this out.

Are people still happy with LightwaveRF with the change of supplier again, seems to be a lot of uncertainty.

With Hue lamps, WeMo etc they seems decent as well. But after me buying a relatively expensive WiFi link I suppose I need to make it work and invest. On this note if you program the app to run a night mode without a WiFi link would it still run?

Thanks

mooky

Standard Member
Have a look here www.domoticz.com

Uses a raspberry pi, wifi link & RFCOM 433mhz tx/rx

LightwaveRF is limited to what it can do when you use the supported toolset.

Last edited:

ddgaine

It's a shame - 12 months ago I would have suggested LightwaveRF 100%, unfortunately, in the last year or so, they have got worse and worse! no stock, bad customer service, and numerous complaints throughout the web.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums mobile app

I am certainly no apologist for LightWaveRf but finally the stock issue seems to be solved, some of our customers patiently have waited 6 months but now all sorted.

As regards the specific issue unfortunately the app is very limited in timed "if then" commands, when I say limited I mean it cant do them!

I know this has been highlighted many times to JSJS designs (the developer of LightWaveRf) but not seen any progress

MrMav11

I am certainly no apologist for LightWaveRf but finally the stock issue seems to be solved, some of our customers patiently have waited 6 months but now all sorted.

As regards the specific issue unfortunately the app is very limited in timed "if then" commands, when I say limited I mean it cant do them!

I know this has been highlighted many times to JSJS designs (the developer of LightWaveRf) but not seen any progress
So the apps never been updated for a long while again, it's been suggested as a feature by many, a request even, and they've just ignored us. LightwaveRF and JSJS need to listen, the big boy (Apple) is coming and they need to up their game, quickly.

That particular feature would, and could be used for a lot of things.

cmclean

Their recent tie up with Megaman should improve things IMO
Limited on its own but works well integrated into a control system like Control4

MrMav11

Their recent tie up with Megaman should improve things IMO
Limited on its own but works well integrated into a control system like Control4
I, and I think many others, really hope it does but we need to see it in actions. The app needs to be developed ASAP as well for features.

Just put that exact point to Megaman Sales director so we will see what he has to say.

Also asked about the security camera products and app integration that have been on the development list for a long time.

I would also like some kind of IR/RS232 Integration for AV control as well but heard nothing on this.

BTW Megaman just come back to me whilst typing this and new app released on 10th July but no more details than that at the moment - HOT OFF THE PRESS

MrMav11

BTW Megaman just come back to me whilst typing this and new app released on 10th July but no more details than that at the moment - HOT OFF THE PRESS
Well that's good news if it happens but as we know it may not so many promises before.

I really hope they've listened and the new app contains some features being requested and didn't just come out with a new colour scheme and "big fixes" though.

Thanks

I cant get much information as embargoed at the moment but pushing for at least a hint

Security camera and integration will be later this year as awaiting a new camera

From the horses mouth

"we are working on IFTTT (if this then that) protocols yes, easier to set times an copy them to events and roll them out, nice graphics for the heating that is dead easy to use, 75% of the architecture behind it has been rewritten to cater for new stuff coming through, it’s a big step forward."

MrMav11

Is the updated app still on course for release this Thurs, or is that when they are submitting to Apple as sometimes can take weeks to go through the submit room process?

MrMav11

Sorry they haven't come back to me, so don't have any more news.
Not your fault matey.....

14th now...can you ask if they've submitted it to Apple for release though, then we know if it's LWrf or Apple hiding it up, although I have my suspicions who it is....

Sorry I dont know anything more just a short reply to an email i sent to Megaman.

Though I was told new extra features as well but as dont know what the original "new" features were I cant say what the "new" "new" features will be.

MrMav11

4th Aug and counting....at least LWrf are consistent with their timings for hardware and software!?!?!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022