Lights Behind the TV

anotheruser

I don't really know what it's called but should I be looking at this new fad of putting LED lighting strips behind the TV?
One TV isn't straight against the wall so I wonder if the effect will be lost? But the other will be so now's the time to get some (recommendations?)

I'm sure I read that having a soft light behind the TV means our eyes actually get more out of the colours on the TV.

Xenomorph

Down to personal taste I think. Not for me really, a bit distracting.
Have a look though, you might like it.

Pollywoggle

I don't really know what it's called but should I be looking at this new fad of putting LED lighting strips behind the TV?
One TV isn't straight against the wall so I wonder if the effect will be lost? But the other will be so now's the time to get some (recommendations?)

I'm sure I read that having a soft light behind the TV means our eyes actually get more out of the colours on the TV.

Flynch191

I use bias lighting. Main reason was watching films in the dark.. TV seemed too bright and after watching for any length of time my eyes start to hurt. That’s now fixed with bias lighting. Takes a while to get used to as I don’t notice it much now a days…..
Before spending any money/time on it and to have a similar effect you could place a lamp behind the tv (the tv that’s not against the wall) to see if it’s for you or not.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom