Lightning Strike / Surge Protection / Power Conditioning...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Neil F Holland, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Neil F Holland

Neil F Holland
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Folks,

Am about to procure first home cinema set-up and am looking to understand what if any of the above protection I should consider...

a) I can get a surge protected extension lead for less that £20...

b) Power conditioners (presumably including surge and brown-out protection) comes in at £120 ish...

I'm looking at a Philips 963 SDI DVD player, an Onkyo 653 A/V Receiver, a Topfield Freeview Box, Lumagen VisionHDP Scaler.

Should I go for a) or b) above?

Do I need anything to protect the Topfield from a lightning strike to the roof aerial?

Ta muchly :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,546
    Personally I use 2 of These as they offer an unlimited warrenty on anything plugged into them if the worst should happen. They will also replace the unit if it get killed by a surge. These protectors are better than the standard ones due to the warrenty offered and they also give EMI & RFI protection that can improve both sound and picture quality if your mains suffer from these problems.

Basically they give me piece of mind for all my equipment. Should the worst happen at least I know Belkin will be the ones paying to replace everything an not me :thumbsup:

Mark.