Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Lighting

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by windyindie, Apr 14, 2005.

1. windyindie

windyindie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Hey all,

My question is not a technical one as such. I want advice on how to light a party for filming purposes. I have filmed wedding parties in the past, and the lighting used was a row of domestic bulbs on a tripod bar rig. Very harsh!

Is there something better? Are mini lights on camcorders strong enough to get a decent picture from a darkened dancefloor - good enough for paying customers that is?!

many thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

WI

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hire in a 2kw blonde or a set of 800w reds, bounce the light off of a white ceiling or wall or use diffuser gels over the lamps, this will look less 'lit' more natural, it won't blind folk and will give you a more even illumination accross the room.

This is really the only way to do it right, if you have a lamp on the camera then your subjects will be very aware that they are on camera, so the candid stuff won't work.

Good luck