1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lighting Ideas & help finding a thread.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Tim Cooper, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hi All,
    I seem to remember a thread where a member had a good effect with some rope lights hidden inside some ceiling coving which wasn't attached at the ceiling, a gap was left for the rope lights to shine through, the effect as i recall was really good, can anyone help me in finding it?
    Also I'm in the process of rewiring my house, so some DIYer lighting effect ideas would also be helpful......any ideas appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Tim.

2. compolitus

compolitus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi There

CPC product catalogue may have mains powered light ropes that you can buy by the metre. Be warned that you must allow for air circulation around the rope as they can get quite hot and will fail quickly if not kept reasonably cool. They are mainly designed for outdoor use at Christmas!. Also if you use several ropes together to get different colours they may cast strange shadows on the walls.

www.cpc.co.uk