Lighting Equipment Query


Distinguished Member
Before I head to bed I will ask some of the more house decorating savvy people of these forums a question which will probably be a mess as I try and describe it lol.

Right, to the point. I was wondering if just like tower speakers there was something similar for lighting just a bit taller that was shaded so it filled with light from a bulb at the bottom.

Think of a Lightsaber but on a larger scale, I have been trying to think of words to google search but closest thing I can think of is "Diffuser" that cameras use to fill rooms rather than direct but I am getting nowhere with that.

btw how the **** am I getting this message at 3:30am on the Homebase site ?????


We are currently experiencing high volumes of traffic. Please try again later.


Preferably one that takes B22 socket unless there is an adapter.
Last edited:


Distinguished Member
Along those lines yeah, wasn't sure if I would have to get a complete unit thing or if there was an attachment for a lamp or something.

Middle picture on that doesn't look too promising.


Distinguished Member


Don't look at the price :eek: but this looks like what you are after:Flos Stylos


Distinguished Member


Distinguished Member


Distinguished Member
There was a cheap as chips rectangular lamp light like that in Ikea, which had three bulbs I think and produced a more uniform light.

I'll have a dig around the web for you.

Edit: similar to this SOLLEFTEÅ Floor lamp Oval white - IKEA

These quite a few on there: VIDJA Floor lamp White 138 cm - IKEA

ooooo that Soll is nice, not a bad price either.

Vidja is really nice

Every time I searched for floor lamps I just kept getting the poles with a bulb at the top lol.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom