Lighting comparison

Inked

Distinguished Member
Having spent that last couple of days moving the collection around and building more cases for the figures to go in (pics to come later), I went and picked up some more LED lights.

Knowing that Ikea Dioder lights are no longer a cool white, I decided to pick some up from the local Wickes to see how they compared and thought it may help a few people if I posted up a comparison pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400219224.169465.jpg

On the left is the older Ikea Dioder which gives off a cool white with a slightly pink cast and gives (to me) the most natural daylight effect and doesn't distort the colours of the figures. (£20 for a pack of 4)

The middle LED is the Wickes 'Ella' light and is also a cool white but without the pink cast, it is close to the original Dioder but does wash out the colours of figures a little making skin tones look a little pasty. (£30 for 4)

The one on the right is the newer Ikea Dioder and as can be seen is very much a warm white rated at 2700k according to the packaging. This gives off a very yellow cast which bathes the figures distorting the colours. (£20 for 4)

I am considering today picking up some of the Argos LEDs to test them and see if they are closer to the original Ikea. (£35 for 4)

Kevo

I too am looking for cool white LED lights but in the strip format.
Which ones did you get in the end and are you happy with the colour temperature?

Inked

Distinguished Member
I ended up sending them all back and just spreading my existing ones around.
Unfortunately none of the ones I tried were any good.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom