Lighting behind wall mounted Plasma

TJP32

Standard Member
I have a 42" wall mounted plasma that is in a recess (i.e false wall) and decided to put some lighting behind it which is linked into my iLight system. I bought some rope light from TLC Direct as it was cheap and can be simply wired into the mains feed going back to that specific iLight channel. Well the result is rubbish. It just doesn't throw enough light around and that's despite the rope light being fairly close to the edges of the TV - which is also a bug bear as from an angle you can see it.

Can anyone else recommend some decent lighting that can,preferably, link directly to the 240 supply as there is limited space behind the TV for a large transformer.

Thanks

Tony

PS: Before you say it Al I will get that thread up soon - just decided to spend all my time getting the whole house finished first. :smashin: Cinema room is looking pretty good though...apart from the TV lights. :mad:

TJP32

Standard Member
Have you considered the Ikea Dioder? Seems to be the system of choice on the forum?:
IKEA | Lighting | Furniture lighting | DIODER | Lighting strip

You can literally stick them on the back of the plasma and there flat so they wont be seen!?
That seems like the sort of thing. I don't want white and when it says multicolour does that mean that I can chose a single colour from 7 and have that same colour coming on all of the time? Do you know if it's mains or LV as I couldn't tell from the image if there was a large tranny?

Has anyone used this kit and got any pics of it working?

many thanks.

loz

I have a 42" wall mounted plasma that is in a recess (i.e false wall) and decided to put some lighting behind it which is linked into my iLight system. I bought some rope light from TLC Direct as it was cheap and can be simply wired into the mains feed going back to that specific iLight channel. Well the result is rubbish. It just doesn't throw enough light around and that's despite the rope light being fairly close to the edges of the TV - which is also a bug bear as from an angle you can see it.

Can anyone else recommend some decent lighting that can,preferably, link directly to the 240 supply as there is limited space behind the TV for a large transformer.
How much light were you expecting?
LED based systems are not going to be any brighter than the rope light.

I have the TLC rope light but have it dimmed because it is too bright.
But I am not trying to light the room with it, just create an effect.

M

Marky P

That seems like the sort of thing. I don't want white and when it says multicolour does that mean that I can chose a single colour from 7 and have that same colour coming on all of the time? Do you know if it's mains or LV as I couldn't tell from the image if there was a large tranny?

Has anyone used this kit and got any pics of it working?

many thanks.
The LED lights are low voltage, powered by the supplied transformer. There is a switch on the lead to change colours. And here is mine in action:

:D

It's not quite as bright in real life as it appears on these pics, but it's still reasonable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom