1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightguns on 100hz TV's

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by slamakn, Dec 20, 2002.

1. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Question for anybody who can help!
    I have a Sony KV-32FQ75U 100hz widescreen TV and have a Sony PS2 & Microsoft Xbox connected to it using RGB. I want to use a lightgun for each of these consoles, but understand that they only work on 50hz TV's. I found the Scorpion3 made by Blaze and sold through GAME shops for PS2, and they claim that this gun works on 100hz TV's. Well I bought one, but it doesn't work on my Sony! The TV has Sony's DRC technology with 50hz\100hz switchable modes and a 100hz mode with DRC turned off - doesn't work in any of these modes. It also has picture-in-picture and picture-&-picture with 2 tuners, so do you suppose that this is preventing the gun from working? All I get is the 'cross-hair' jumping erratically round the screen.
    Neither Sony nor Blaze support people have been any help, so if anybody has experience or a way that I can get a lightgun to work on my TV....please help as it will be most appreciated!!
    :confused:

Thanks, NEIL.

2. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    All I know is that if you have a 100htz TV you cannot use lightguns, wether its on or off, something to do with refresh rates and technical stuff like that!

3. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If that is the case (which i've heard from loads of people!), then why are BLAZE marketing their Scorpion 3 as the only gun to work on 100hz TV's!! I have contacted BLAZE on their support number, but cannot get through to anybody even at £1.00 a minute!! I have emailed them and waiting a reply, so will publish this when I have it. They claim the gun has this 'unique 100hz TV compatability', so I will be interested to know how much testing they have actually done and on what TV's. If this sales pitch turns out just to be a load of b******s, then I will be asking for a complete refund!!

Regards.

4. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Unique, as it only works with one 100htz TV in their office!!!