Lightgun on Microsoft Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by slamakn, Dec 20, 2002.

1. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    House of the Dead 3 is about to be launched exclusively on Xbox, but not heard much about a lightgun for it! Anybody heard anything, particularly regarding a gun that will work on 100hz TV's! Come on Microsoft, if anybody can sort this 100hz issue out, they can (would be the first decent thing Gates has ever been involved with if they do!!).

:eek:

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Madcatz are releasing a Gun in the us Sega wont bother as its too much trouble for them.
    I just got the Us import of HOTD3 and its great :D Plays really well with the gamepad (much easyier to play with gamepad than HOTD2 on Dreamcast). Also got a nice 10mins preview of the forthcoming HOTD movie which looks a right laugh lots of gore (much better than the Resident evil movie which had none)
    Not sure if thie feature will be on the UK version as theres a few Swear words used and lots of blood + Gore shown.
    Also has the complete HOTD2 as a bonus unlockable game.
    100Hz light guns dont think that will ever happen to much effort to design something that will hardly sell - also i dont think 100hz tv's are used in the States/ Japan etc so the market for a 100Hz gun will be Tiny

3. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forget about 100Mhz Light Guns,
    although saying that, Scorpion 3 for PS2 works for 100Hz ;)

No guns will work properly on my Panasonic 50Hz Widescreen.

Light Guns=CRAP

4. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replys.

Question for JPFAHY:

I have bought a Scorpion 3 for my PS2, but although you say it works on your 100hz TV (what make and model is it?), it will not work properly on my Sony. It has the DRC technology and has twin tuners, so maybe this is an added problem that the gun cannot handle. Even switching down to Normal 100hz with no DRC, it won't work! Kind of giving up with it altogether and about to return it for a refund!
    Any help on how you got yours working would be greatly appreciated as it may help me out!

Merry Xmas Everybody!:clown:

NEIL

5. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    As far as I am aware no lightgun works on a 100 htz tv, I have had a scorpion one and that did not work, and when I rang up and complained, they let slip that they had only tried it on one TV in their office!!!

Soooooooooooooo I would give up on 100htz light guns for a while!!! HOTD3 is pretty cool on teh pad anyway!!!

As for the movie, I hope the acting is better than in the game!!

'hold on G'

6. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    slamakn,
    I've heard that the Scorpion 3 will not work on TV's that have multi screen technology, 'screen in screen' and all that jazz.
    Perhaps this is the problem you are having?

My mate has got a bog standard 100Hz Toshiba Widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1, cannot remember the model name or number though. Works OK on his :D

Hope that helps

7. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The gun for Time Crisis worked fine on my Panny PF10. Cant remember if I switched it to 50Htz.

It was a log time ago (PS1 days).

Cheers
    Si