1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light patch on the screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by PJR, Jan 11, 2005.

1. PJR

PJR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, Im new here and was wondering if anyone can help!

Yesterday I bought a 17" widescreen DMTech LCD TV with built in DVD player for the bedroom. All was fine until I noticed when you change channel, and the screen goes black, there is a lighter patch both at the top and bottom of the screen, in a sort of arc from corner to corner. I have tried adjusting the contrast but it seems to persist.
    This is barely noticeable with a picture, although when the top or bottom of the screen is dark, you can notice it slightly.
    Does this sound like a fault, or is this "normal"

Thanks in advance

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    It's fairly typical of poorer quality LCDs. If you don't normally see it, just forget about it. It's the backlight finding its way through the LCD array and occurs because LCDs can't ever be totally opaque.

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have the same unit and get about a 1/4" whiter area along the top and bottom, i also get this on my LCD monitor to a small degree. It seems to be a pretty standard thing IMO.

I only notice it when the screen is black, and not during normal viewing :)

4. PJR

PJR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I'll check it out again tonight, and if I can't really see it whilst a picture is on I think I'll just leave it.
    Thanks again