Light/lamp dimmer control

dawilliams

Standard Member
Hello

Can anyone please tell me if there is anything on the market that will allow me to do the following:

I have room with a ceiling light, controlled in the usual way by a simple dimmer, and a lamp plugged into a socket. Is there anyway to control both, independently from a wall switch. Effectively a two gang dimmer, one to control the ceiling light via wire and one to control a socket dimmer on the lamp remotely.

I know it's possible to do this via a remote control but I'd rather have an wall switch to do the job.

Thanks for any help.

schford

Get a Rako Dimmer module for the ceiling light and one for the lamp and then a RAKO wall switch.

I am sure there will be other ways of doing it as well.

Stuart

dawilliams

Standard Member
Thanks, Stuart.

That looks ideal; but a bit more than I was wanting to pay.

Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

tobinharris

Standard Member
Looks like this dual Z-Wave dimmer switch allows 1 switch to control connected load (your ceiling lamp) and another to control another load wirelessly (your lamp)

http://zwave-products.co.uk/shop/ar...-_-Transmitter.html?shop_param=cid=98&aid=84&

You'd then need a dimmable lamp module plugged into the wall, and paired with the Z-Wave wall switch.

ACT HomePro ZDP210 RF / Z-Wave UK Plug-In Lamp Module - Detailed item view - Control - Z-Wave Products (UK) - The UK's Leading Z-Wave Store

Total cost is about £130.

T

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom