Light Guns and modern tellies

J

jules0266

I've just bought Silent Scope Complete for the XBox with a sniper rifle - it was a package deal from Game. I was aware that the gun wouldn't work with certain television sets but despite being 100hz compatible it won't work with LCD, Plasma or a Projector! Why is this? Surely the device inside the gun "sees" the same image regardless of the device it's being displayed on? Or is it down to the phosphor that a regular TV bombards the screen with? Are other display devices simply not bright enough? Is it simply a matter of the gun not recognising a widescreen image? Which begs the question, when will someone produce a light gun that is fully compatible with every kind of TV/Projector? More and more people are buying these sets and playing with the joypad isn't the same - nor is it anywhere near as accurate. Not that I can get this rifle to calibrate properly anyway!!!!!!!!!!

J

jules0266

OK, thanks for that link. Still doesn't answer the "when will they" question. Lucky I still have a "normal" telly ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom