1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light Guns and modern tellies

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by jules0266, Mar 29, 2004.

1. jules0266

jules0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought Silent Scope Complete for the XBox with a sniper rifle - it was a package deal from Game. I was aware that the gun wouldn't work with certain television sets but despite being 100hz compatible it won't work with LCD, Plasma or a Projector! Why is this? Surely the device inside the gun "sees" the same image regardless of the device it's being displayed on? Or is it down to the phosphor that a regular TV bombards the screen with? Are other display devices simply not bright enough? Is it simply a matter of the gun not recognising a widescreen image? Which begs the question, when will someone produce a light gun that is fully compatible with every kind of TV/Projector? More and more people are buying these sets and playing with the joypad isn't the same - nor is it anywhere near as accurate. Not that I can get this rifle to calibrate properly anyway!!!!!!!!!!

2. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jules0266

jules0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks for that link. Still doesn't answer the "when will they" question. Lucky I still have a "normal" telly ;)