1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

light flicker on Sim2 HT300+

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richardS, Dec 2, 2004.

1. richardS

richardS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought an HT300+ second hand from a dealer. I was told by them that the bulb had been replaced and the counter on the menu shows that it has 160 hours (on the clock). Unfortunately my 3 month guarantee is up.

I have noticed that the image brightens and darkens randomly very slightly. Sometimes it can be desribed as a flicker, other times the dimming lasts 15 seconds or more. It's beginning to irritate me as I am now more aware of it than the movie that I am watching. If I put up a blank (blue) screen I can see this clearly.

Any suggestions as to what this might be? Is this a bulb failure, or something more sinister with the projector?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. sye7euk

sye7euk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try pressing the Auto button on the remote. Not sure what this does but it works for me. :)

3. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Richard,

Did you buy your Sim2 from an authorised Sim2 dealer ?

Jeff :rtfm:

4. richardS

richardS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I bought it from Owl Video.....with a 3 month guarantee - I should probably talk to them....just wondered what peoples' thoughts were on this forum.

5. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Richard,

Sounds like a lamp issue.

If you ask them nicely, maybe they will try another lamp to see if that's the problem.

Jeff :rtfm:

6. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My flickering display (a domino 30) returned after I thought I had narrowed it down to macrovision issues... anyway spoke to my dealer who put me in contact with Eddie, SIM2 support chap, who was very good on the phone and has arranged to check my unit out.

He was telling me they have had some issues with a particular manufacturors lamps in the HT300 with premature wear I believe and flickering ... not sure if it is worth asking your dealer if they should have a chat with Eddie in case this might be related.

It's definately worth getting the unit checked out though as Eddie was explaining that flickering could be caused by numerous things from power supply problems, to processing, to colour wheel sensors to lamps.

Hope this might be of interest or help?

7. richardS

richardS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thedoc,

thanks for you help,

will contact Owl to see what they can suggest, but if you have "Eddie's" contact info, that would be great.