Light filter

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alcarmichael, Jan 25, 2008.

1. alcarmichael

alcarmichael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    A long time ago while having a projector demo (not certain but I think it was an Themescene) the guy in the store placed a kind of filter over the lense which prevented any extra light from being shone outside of the image/screen.
    Are these available for sim2 projectors?

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,392
    Was it a filter or a mask?

A filter can reduce lumen output and a mask can go some way to prevent light spill. I don't remember the HT200 having this problem so are you sure it's a spill issue or could it possibly be light being reflected from the walls and ceiling? If you're getting spill onto the screen border it could be that you don't have the aspect or zoom set quite right. if that's the case line up the image by using the projectors own boot up image (or internal test image if it has one) and not a video image.

RTFM may be able to help you with this one as he's been a Sim2 dealer for a long time now.

Gary

3. alcarmichael

alcarmichael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yes a mask is probably a better description for it. There's some light which is projected outside of the image, could this be because I'm using a 16:9 image when the HT200 has a 4:3 chip maybe?
    Are these masks available?

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,392
    Ah, I'm with you now.

I've not seen these available as such but you can try to make one out of card. Was the mask screwed onto the lens of the projector or placed a little further forward? If you want to make one, you can place a piece of paper in front of the pj where you want the mask to be while it's projecting a 16:9 image and trace around the 16:9 portion. That should give you a guide as to the size of the mask orifice.

Gary

5. alcarmichael

alcarmichael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    As far as I can remember it was a little metal box section type object with a rectangular window which just sat on top of the lens.
    I might have to have a go at making my own mask then, sounds like it could be tricky though.