Light coming through blinds

louisg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have set up my front room with a plasma on the opposit wall from window.

I looks great but in the day the light is shinning through the gaps in the blinds and also through the slight gap at the bottom.

i bought vertical blinds black out blinds fron hilarys.

not happy with the reflection in the day. any advice please

Louis

did have curtains but there oldfashioned in my view. Trying to moderise he house.

Louis

I have the same problem and am thinking of getting some black out blinds to go behind the vertical blinds like the velux window style blackout blinds, being fitted behind the vertical blinds you won't see them from the inside

Like these

http://web02.velux.com/vgb/ws/docs/dkl_114x114.jpg

On a side note if anyone is looking at getting blinds

www.discountblindcentre.co.uk were the cheapest by far and the quailty matched the other major blind manufacturers at a 1/3 of the price

the professional blind trade has little respect fot the likes of hillaries & discounted blinds.
proves the point that you gets what you pay for.
if you want it cheap, dont expect to automatically get the correct product to do the job!

hi!!
i to would like some vertical blinds that are total blackout but they dont appear to exist.
i called the shy company they sell a total blackout roller blind manual or electric the manual quote was £260 delivered for a window measuring 1250mm height and 1500mm length..... i did not dare ask how much the electric ones were.
have you had a price for the velux ones yet?
best regards
nick.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom