Light bleed on UE49KS9000

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
Hi,
Just recently purchased this at the weekend and the screen is driving me demented with light bleed coming from the bottom right of the screen - it happens on any content, not just HDR . My partner is telling me she doesn't even notice it and it's just me over reacting. Attached are a few images. What are people's thoughts on this? Am I over reacting or should I bring it back to the shop?

Cheers,
Paul.

2017-06-06 23.01.53.jpg 2017-06-06 23.08.44.jpg 2017-06-06 23.08.56.jpg

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
20 when in HDR mode - as the tv ramps it up to that as it should do in that mode. I have had it at 4 when in standard movie mode an still notice it on certain dark scenes. Smart LED is set to high too.

davidcharles

thats abit too much bleed.. i tried several sets before i got a good one (48js8500)...they all had some bleed in exactly the same place as yours...its to do with lighting around the curve i guess. Smart LED should eliminate any slight bleed but that looks bad to me. I would try for an exchange if it was me. If you take it back, take the pictures you have taken on your phone or ipad etc with you as that helped me alot.

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
Thanks David. I called the store yesterday and they said they will have an area rep call me. I will be able to send him the images once he does. If I get anywhere, I will let you know. I have a feeling though that they will try and play hard ball with me as they will use the excuse that they have no models left in all the stores.

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
Update: Samsung support are terrible so far. DID who I bought the tv from recommended contacting Samsung as its within their 30 day warranty period. It doesn't seem to be as easy as in the UK. It's not a case of just replacing it straight off. Anyway, been on to Samsung a load of times. No follow up. Was promised that an engineer would call me on Saturday to arrange a visit. Surprise surprise, never happened. They don't have a local rate number, just 0818 which is a pain. I will have to ring them tomorrow. Time to speak to a manager.

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
thats abit too much bleed.. i tried several sets before i got a good one (48js8500)...they all had some bleed in exactly the same place as yours...its to do with lighting around the curve i guess. Smart LED should eliminate any slight bleed but that looks bad to me. I would try for an exchange if it was me. If you take it back, take the pictures you have taken on your phone or ipad etc with you as that helped me alot.

Engineer came out and advised the panel needed to be replaced. Contacted the store and they agreed to source a new, unboxed set. The problem is now that it's end of life so they may have problems getting one. They offered a different model at similar price but that's not gonna have the same specifications. Will see what they come back with.

davidcharles

surely they can get a ks9000 or 8000 ?... Plenty of places still have them...only other option would be to demand a refund for faulty goods and try another set from elsewhere... (Sony 49ex900 or Panasonic 50ex750 for example)

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member
surely they can get a ks9000 or 8000 ?... Plenty of places still have them...only other option would be to demand a refund for faulty goods and try another set from elsewhere... (Sony 49ex900 or Panasonic 50ex750 for example)

I agree David. If they can't come back with the same model or an 8000 model, I will see if they can source the Sony 49ex9005. They should cover any difference if required. Will keep you up to date on this.

TommyUnderwear

Novice Member

New TV arriving Monday/Tuesday. They managed to get one from Samsung direct. Will see how that fares when I get it.

davidcharles

good....lets hope if its direct from samsung thats its a cherry picked one and been put together better than your last one..!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom