• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lifestyle photography

edddie_veddder

Established Member
Hey, just finished editing some of my photos from a lifestyle shoot i did today for a local magazine called VOX aberdeen. They were doing a story on a local soul singer called Pamala.

One day i will be worthy of all this kit i've bought!!!!

Attachments

• pamal4(small).jpg
    pamal4(small).jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 424
  • pamala2(small).jpg
    pamala2(small).jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 151
  • pamala3(small).jpg
    pamala3(small).jpg
    182 KB · Views: 279
  • pamala5(small).jpg
    pamala5(small).jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 151
  • pamala6(small).jpg
    pamala6(small).jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 145
  • pamal7(small).jpg
    pamal7(small).jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 140
  • pamala1(small).jpg
    pamala1(small).jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 162

TarMoo

Prominent Member
Good looking lady. A few suggestions ....

No2: This one might have looked better if you took it a little more to the right.
No 3: For it would have looked better if she were on the right rather than the left of the picture. Maybe cropping would improve this one.
No 5: The bright left side is a little distracting.

edddie_veddder

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys, i will look into the crops, but they were faily deliberate on my part as i'm trying to crop in camera more. Still learning all the time and i've been taking photos for years!

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Some nice shots there.

I think the first 3 work the best - although 1 and 3 look a fraction soft to me.

No4 doesn't work at all for me I'm afraid, just looks like a girl crouching in some weeds. The background is interesting, and may have worked better with her standing, and shooting her from the waist up.

If these are going to press, you might want to check the highlights, they look a touch blown on my screen, and may be lost completely if the printing isn't top notch.

The last 2 are interesting, but I think you need to do something about the skin texture, it's just a little too prominent.

edddie_veddder

Established Member
Cheers liquid, very valid points. I did try to smooth out the pores of the skin a little but i need go a bit further. 1 and 3 are a little soft, i didnt quite nail them i'm affraid.

Tobers

Prominent Member
Good to see you are getting out & about with your kit. I think they are all nice shots. Difficult to pick a fave or criticise any specifically.

jonandjen

Established Member
Nice sots Eddie. I particularly like the first and the last ones. Well done.

edddie_veddder

Established Member
Thanks Tobers, the 1dmk3 handles really well eh. I've still got a long way to go, but i feel like i'm improving step by step. I've got another shoot today... i need to make sure that my focus is spot on, sharpen things up a bit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom