snooloui

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy links: Amazon - Arrow Films - Sainsbury's - Zavvi

Release date: 14/10/2013

attachment.php

2-Disc Blu-ray Special Edition Features:
- Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both the Theatrical and International Versions, transferred from original elements by MGM with supervision by director Tobe Hooper
- Optional uncompressed 2.0 Stereo PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround Sound
- Isolated Music and Effects Sound Track
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, moderated by filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- Audio commentary with Academy Award-winning visual effects artist Douglas Smith, moderated by filmmaker and scholar Howard S. Berger
- Audio commentary with make-up effects artist Nick Maley, moderated by filmmaker Michael Felsher
- Cannon Fodder: The Making of Lifeforce - An epic UK-exclusive look at the genesis, production and release of Lifeforce featuring interviews with Hooper, producer Michael J. Kagan, editor John Grover, actors Aubrey Morris and Nicholas Ball, makeup artist Sandra Exelby, screenwriter Michael Armstrong, sound designer Vernon Messenger, artistic designers Tom Adams and Douglas Smith and effects artist John Schoonraad
- Space Vampires in London: An interview with Tobe Hooper
- Dangerous Beauty: An interview with Mathilda May, Lifeforce's iconic star
- Carlsen's Curse: Star Steve Railsback looks back on Lifeforce and his career
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by science fiction expert Bill Warren, a new interview with Oscar-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Attachments

• MUre4Ch.jpg
    MUre4Ch.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 18021_559591804074818_1200101020_n.jpg
    18021_559591804074818_1200101020_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just seen this as well :D Certainly prefer this to the Shout! Factory release artwork.

I'm going for the American release, love the artwork.

Cool, another classic! :)

ooooh that looks nice :)

not heard of the film, but as long as its not an amazon exclusive ill be chuffed.

Oh you're in for a treat! :D

They don't make films like this anymore. :)

Oh good lord, a steelbook for possibily one of the worst SF movies I've ever seen in my life!!! I'm assuming the positive comments so far are attempts at sarcasm, right? :eek:

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I remember the first time I watched this at the cinema and actually squirmed with embarrassment at how bad it was. It starts off great then goes downhill to a truly laughable last hour. In the hands of a capable director this could have been amazing as it has a brilliant premise and the first hour is geniunely creepy.

I saw it cheap on DVD a couple of years ago so bought it to see if I was just having a bad day but, sadly, time has not been any kinder (I laughed even harder). I implore anyone who is thinking of pre-ordering this out of curiousity to check out the cheaper DVD first before wasting money on this drivel. It's not quite Plan Nine from Outer Space bad but it isn't far off IMO. There again Plan Nine is one of those so bad, it's good movies so...

but hades - its such a pretty steel though :)

arrow do some nice ones - look at king of new york and zombie flesh eaters :)

the problem is its arrow - so expect the disc to be all messed up.

Will this be the extended 128 minute cut or the theatrical 116 minute release, I wonder?

@replicant81 - The steelbook is quite nice. Sorry to pile on the hate but this is one of those movies which I had such high hopes for and, as I said, it starts off quite effectively but then just degenerates into pure comedy, made worst by the fact that the actors are playing it so deadly seriously. Such a shame really. I think we called it Lifefarce at school from memory.

hades - with it being 2 discs and an arrow release, im sure it will have both versions and probably another you never knew about haha.

how old is it? i never heard of it before today but eerily enough 10 mins before i saw it noted here i was on movietyme looking for top gun 3d (to no avail) and noticed this film on there for £18 import and so to see an old movie ive never heard of at all (and ive been around the block) and then see it twice in 10 mins...

It was an awful film only made watchable by the hot naked "space vampire" ;)

Naked you say? Interesting :eek:

And hot :smashin: Cool looking steelie.

Saw this in the late 80's and all I remember from it is naked space vampires and Patrick Stewart!!! Not seen it since so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, oh and it has naked space vampires :rotfl:

It's on Netflix!! Off to check it out again.

Last edited:
And hot :smashin: Cool looking steelie.

Saw this in the late 80's and all I remember from it is naked space vampires and Patrick Stewart!!! Not seen it since so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, oh and it has naked space vampires :rotfl:

It's on Netflix!! Off to check it out again.

Patrick Stewart is in this....? Now thats epic lol

The art on the steelbook alone was the reason that interested me in this ... but naked space vampires and Patrick Stewart sold this for me lol

I'll definitely be grabbing it, saw it when first released, so a nostalgia buy for me. Oh and naked space vampires.

Zavvi now have this available for pre-order, due for release on September 30th.

I'm sure it will drop in price when other retailers get their listings. It's still six months until release so plenty of time :D

Nice one :)

About time they listed their own movie!

I've been meaning to get this for years, so now might be the time.

It's always been in the category of so bad it's good for me, so I've always really enjoyed it. Plus there's Mathilda May of course.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom