Lifecake photo sharing app

Trist

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Okay so my first forage into this section of the AVF forums.

My wife gave birth to a little girl on the 20th March and we're settling into a completely new life of much less sleep and a whole lot of love for the little bundle of joy.

I thought I'd share an app that we've been using to share photos and videos of our little girl with family and friends. It's called Lifecake and is by Cannon. It's a bit like Instagram but only people you invite can see your photos which are displayed on a chronological timeline by days, weeks, months and years.

I didn't want to plaster picture of her all over social media (I pretty much ignore Facebook nowadays) so this is a really nice compromise of sharing media with friends but knowing that only people you want can see it. It's free and you get 10GB of storage which should last a while.

Okay so my first forage into this section of the AVF forums.

My wife gave birth to a little girl on the 20th March and we're settling into a completely new life of much less sleep and a whole lot of love for the little bundle of joy.

I thought I'd share an app that we've been using to share photos and videos of our little girl with family and friends. It's called Lifecake and is by Cannon. It's a bit like Instagram but only people you invite can see your photos which are displayed on a chronological timeline by days, weeks, months and years.

I didn't want to plaster picture of her all over social media (I pretty much ignore Facebook nowadays) so this is a really nice compromise of sharing media with friends but knowing that only people you want can see it. It's free and you get 10GB of storage which should last a while.

Congrats on your arrival :)

I will check up on that app asap.

We have been using Amazon Cloud and sharing a link on there. You get 2gb free for just having an account so made our lives easy.

Use Flickr - Can lock down albums to only people who have the link and you get 1TB of space for free. Plus it stores uncompressed copies of your photos :)

We use Facebook for this - photos are only visible to who we select.

Last edited:
Yeah - but don't the FB T's&C's basically say that if you share them on FB they pretty much "own" the rights to use them as the see fit ? - I also vote for Flickr as the current best alternative

Yeah - but don't the FB T's&C's basically say that if you share them on FB they pretty much "own" the rights to use them as the see fit ?

No

We use 23snaps. Works well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom