Life on Mars... Cheated :-(

DangerMouse!

Established Member
Reaction score
It could have been a contender for one of the best series of all time, all they needed to do was give it a good ending, but no!

After weeks of prick teasing, no climax, thanks bbc.

You expect this kind of chain yanking from the yanks but I really thought this one would payoff.

In the immortal words of Jonny Rotten "Do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated"

I guess they couldn't just let him wake up, otherwise where do they go with the next series? Presumably he would use his Green Cross Code after what's happened in this series to avoid a repeat.

I was disappointed as it was ** SPOILER invisible text**.... effectively pressing the reset button, and he's back to square one regarding what is happening to him. They've planned 3 series, so I was expecting a cliffhanger to leave me wanting more - now I'm not so sure I want more

Ever since I heard they were going to make Series 2 I knew the last episode wouldnt really tie everything up so was prepared for it.
Personally I have really enjoyed the series and look forward to seeing it return in 2007.

Indiana Jones said:
Ever since I heard they were going to make Series 2 I knew the last episode wouldnt really tie everything up so was prepared for it.
Personally I have really enjoyed the series and look forward to seeing it return in 2007.

I knew and was happy that it wasn't going to tie everything up, but I also felt it hardly moved things forward

Really enjoyed this show, don't usually watch current British series as they are usually slow dim-witted melodramatic rubbish but this was great.
The ending didn't surprise me although I kind of hoped he would wake up and then get knocked down again at the start of series two to find he was in 1977 with a punk soundtrack.
If anybody fancies a pint in an authentic seventies Manchester pub, try The Star & Garter in Fairfield Street, it's just like the one in Life On Mars or Early Doors.
http://www.starandgarter.co.uk/star2/

Anyway didn't Johnny Rotten use that phrase after Jack Reagan used it in an episode of The Sweeney ? :cool:

gringottsdirect said:
The ending didn't surprise me although I kind of hoped he would wake up and then get knocked down again at the start of series two to find he was in 1977 with a punk soundtrack.

Yes, I was hoping he'd wake up in a new era too, however, this may have turned the series into brit Quantum Leap ;)

Yes I was left feeling flat too after what has been an enjoyable series, but even flatter when they said it would be next year before we see more and this is only February.

It made me feel a bit down when they said next year for the next series too :( Overall though, it was a very enjoyable series for me.

I haven't seen it yet as I was at a pub quiz last night...looking forward to watching it tonight...didn't read the spoiler but to be honest I don't expect things to be wrapped up either given that the story is supposed to run over 3 series...it is a bummer that they can't get it going again for 12 months though...

Toasty said:
Yes, I was hoping he'd wake up in a new era too,

I'm glad that he didn't as it's mainly the relationship betwen him and Gene Hunt that makes this show such compelling viewing.

Watched it last night...i thought it was a brilliant finale...even if it was the last ever episode it would have been great but knowing it will return next year made it even better..."pub!"...fantastic!

Did anyone notice the very modern CCTV dome camera in the final shot of the final episode?

Yes I noticed that as it is the same cctv type we have at work, still good telly though, I get into hot debate with people at work who seem to like Northern Lights instead:suicide: :suicide:

Still they may learn one day huh???

regards

Gary

cabstar said:
I get into hot debate with people at work who seem to like Northern Lights instead:suicide: :suicide:

Are they joking? The two programmes aren't even in the same league!

i never new NTL/Telewest had been going since the 70's

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom