Life continuing as normal for many people despite Coronavirus, it seems

It truly is a sign of the ignorant times we live in. When the body count start mounting, loved ones and neighbours start dying, that's when the morons will pay attention, or not.

To be brutally honest, anyone who dies due to being ignorant, despite the warnings, deserves to die.

And point to add, once this is over in 12+ months when they find the cure, I really hope China stops the way its people treat food.
We are all ignorant, all of us - even the medical experts. All of us are learning, some the hard way.

To say people deserve to die is a personal opinion caused by ignorance.

We are all ignorant, all of us - even the medical experts. All of us are learning, some the hard way.

To say people deserve to die is a personal opinion caused by ignorance.

There is ignorance, and there is ignorance.

The advice has been out for all to see for over two months. If people ignore reality, so be it.

The problem with the general public and internet forums is everyone has an opinion.

People go from being football managers to stock traders to doctors to lawyers overnight.

Just listen to people that know better and stay in your lane.

DOCTORS are telling you stay at home. They are warning you that people WILL die if you don't. They see the patients, they see the consequences, they see the pneumonias, they see the people dying, they see the people coming through the front door.

The armchair experts here just read and listen to the recent utter crap Boris Johnson has decicded to come up with and then form whatever opinions fit their lifestyle for the day. Its pathetic.

The armchair experts here just read and listen to the recent utter crap Boris Johnson has decicded to come up with and then form whatever opinions fit their lifestyle for the day. Its pathetic.

And what if this is an inevitability. Would be far worse to lockdown without the infrastructure and plan in place for how that would work. The economics of a lock down are huge. Everyone seems so desperate for the extreme act when we are not yet seeing the grave need for it. Far worse to lockdown too early and knee jerk. We are staring at a tidal wave and had fair warning. Unlike the US who spent too long denying it. The British public who have not taken this serious should be ashamed. Millions are likely to die, nothing will change this. But we can get the foundations right for those us left to rebuild afterwards.

And what if this is an inevitability. Would be far worse to lockdown without the infrastructure and plan in place for how that would work. The economics of a lock down are huge. Everyone seems so desperate for the extreme act when we are not yet seeing the grave need for it. Far worse to lockdown too early and knee jerk. We are staring at a tidal wave and had fair warning. Unlike the US who spent too long denying it. The British public who have not taken this serious should be ashamed. Millions are likely to die, nothing will change this. But we can get the foundations right for those us left to rebuild afterwards.

It is not an inevivtability.

China have shown that even from an utterly awful position, with strict isolation measures, public compliance, cleaning and control; you can limit the growth rate to nearly zero.

This is not a knee jerk reaction. Its a reaction which is actually already too late.

A lock down is inevitable. The earlier you lock down, the less burden on the NHS, the more ITU beds available person and the ammount of people being sick will be lower and the more people that will live.

Financial turmoil is either going to ensue by a lockdown or by people dying.

I can't believe how pig-headed people are to think we can 'save foundations' by letting a virus run rampant. Do you understand how fear-struck people will be when they realise this is actually serious? Businesses are ALREADY shutting down over it. Even big chains like Mcdonalds, known for being greedy.

The issue gets worse day by day. Can you honestly not see that? Can you not see our death rate and pattern is now actually exceeding Italy and China's based on where we are on the curve?

Do you know the A&E admission rates for COVID 19?
Do you know how many extras wards have been opened for COVID 19?
Do you know how many ITU beds are available?
Do you know the change of ITU admission criteria?
Do you know the ITU admission criteria for COVID 19 patients?
Do you know the treatments available in UK hospitals for COVID 19s?
Do you know what the CXRs, bloods and clinical presentations of COVID 19 patients are looking like?

This CAN be prevented. It can be limited. China alone is evidence of an utterly dire situation being turned around.

Italy is an example of a stubborn country who think their public knows best, who put in a lockdown later than they should have.

A lockdown gives you results 7-14 days. The dye is already cast for sadly many victims of this virus.

This Salford Royal. They only have this amount of beds with the right equipment setup.
FB_IMG_1584890602983.jpg

FB_IMG_1584890602983.jpg

It is not an inevivtability.

Okay. We can all see you are really concerned. Your posts have all echoed the same tone these past few. Posting in this manner doesn't change anything aside from getting yourself and others into a heightened state. This is going to be a marathon and not a sprint. Sometimes we do need to let things play out a little before throwing ourselves so full on into the debate.

Okay. We can all see you are really concerned. Your posts have all echoed the same tone these past few. Posting in this manner doesn't change anything aside from getting yourself and others into a heightened state. This is going to be a marathon and not a sprint. Sometimes we do need to let things play out a little before throwing ourselves so full on into the debate.

This is more so about intelligent debate than trying to heighten anxiety.

I am a fan of people being informed rather than sticking their head in the sand and just doing nothing.

It's played out enough for people to have informed opinions. We also have China & Italy as a clear evidence base of what can happen.

This is coming from a front line worker who has seen the disease first hand.

This is more so about intelligent debate than trying to heighten anxiety.

I am a fan of people being informed rather than sticking their head in the sand and just doing nothing.

It's played out enough for people to have informed opinions. We also have China & Italy as a clear evidence base of what can happen.

This is coming from a front line worker who has seen the disease first hand.

I'm not doubting, dismissing or denying your opinions i assure you. I would like to bring down the pace and tone a touch.

Some advice. About 25 miles away by car, is the Ashdown Forest where there are many small, free layby parking areas where one can pull off the B2028 and just sit there perhaps read a paper and have a picnic and admire the scenery from within the car and then drive home.
Is there any harm to us or society in doing that?
Reading the doom mongers here makes me reticent about doing this harmless (is it?) activity. I should add I can wee around the back of some Gorse bushes together with the resident sheep.

Some advice. About 25 miles away by car, is the Ashdown Forest where there are many small, free layby parking areas where one can pull off the B2028 and just sit there perhaps read a paper and have a picnic and admire the scenery from within the car and then drive home.
Reading the doom mongers here makes me reticent about doing this harmless (is it?) activity. I should add I can wee around the back of some Gorse bushes together with the resident sheep.

Doing Recon for tonight's dogging club?

Isn’t that exactly what happened at the weekend? Everyone thought a trip to the sea or countryside was a good idea and harmless. Social distancing quickly became impossible.
I understand you wanting to escape for a few hours, but if you can do it, why can’t everyone else and then.......??? To stand any chance of winning this fight we all have to obey the rules.

By the way, Police in Plymouth were stopping traffic today to see if journeys were for legit reasons, so you may fall foul of that too.

Boris was doing what the Chief Medical Officer was suggesting and the armchair experts on here were saying that was utter crap.

So do we listen to the CMO or not?

Is this essential travel? No? There's your answer.

Isn’t that exactly what happened at the weekend? Everyone thought a trip to the sea or countryside was a good idea and harmless. Social distancing quickly became impossible.
I understand you wanting to escape for a few hours, but if you can do it, why can’t everyone else and then.......??? To stand any chance of winning this fight we all have to obey the rules.

By the way, Police in Plymouth were stopping traffic today to see if journeys were for legit reasons, so you may fall foul of that too.
That is at the back of my mind though I still intend to keep my battery charged somehow even by driving around a road circuit several times without stopping at all accruing some twenty miles at least. Social distancing isn't involved unless I had the misfortune of breaking down.

I think more of this is anticipated. Our Trust has issued letters to certain staff to show authorities if challenged (in addition to NHS ID).

That is at the back of my mind though I still intend to keep my battery charged somehow even by driving around a road circuit several times without stopping at all accruing some twenty miles at least. Social distancing isn't involved unless I had the misfortune of breaking down.
It's not just about social distancing but reducing risk, however unlikely, of calling upon emergency services when they are on their arse. Can't your shopping trip charge the battery?

It's not just about social distancing but reducing risk, however unlikely, of calling upon emergency services when they are on their arse. Can't your shopping trip charge the battery?
This morning's shopping trip to local M&S food Hall in empty Glades shopping mall is about 3miles round trip if that. A trip to local Tesco on Thursday will be half that. Can't get any online deliveries or Click and Collect.
Needs must, unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom