Life continuing as normal for many people despite Coronavirus, it seems

I really don't understand how hard it is for people to not go out.

The local woods had dozens of cars in the car park when I went past earlier, my daughter works at the local Tesco and she said people are queuing for hours, surely these people can get enough supplies so that they don't need to go out daily.

My mother in law fell in the early hours yesterday morning and broke her arm, she was rushed to the hospital but due to how many cases of Coronavirus they have they've now moved her to a hospital at the other end of the County for her safety. Now she is nearly 80, had several strokes and not in a position that she could cope with contracting the virus, she now also has to deal with the worry of being on her own in a hospital miles from her home. She cannot return home as my father in law is also not able to look after her due to his own health.

If people stayed in and didn't risk passing the virus on to each other the hospitals wouldn't be inundated with cases and maybe we could get back to some sort of normality...

Rant over...

I'm currently, along with my sister, trying to convince my parents, 70 and 76, that they don't need to go shopping every Friday morning like they always do :nono:

They're doing the correct things like wiping trolley etc but really...

That is at the back of my mind though I still intend to keep my battery charged somehow even by driving around a road circuit several times without stopping at all accruing some twenty miles at least. Social distancing isn't involved unless I had the misfortune of breaking down.
Absolutely no need to drive around to change the battery,run it for 15 minutes on your drive with radio etc switched off.

I'm currently, along with my sister, trying to convince my parents, 70 and 76, that they don't need to go shopping every Friday morning like they always do :nono:

good luck , I am surprised my 82yo dad has seen sense to be honest :eek:

Part of my daily routine was to walk into Keynsham for shopping and exercise. Obviously stopped that. I go shopping on a Friday leave the wife at home as she comes under the vulnerable category. I wipe the trolley handles and have my own bottle of sanitiser. Any things we need during the week my daughter who works in a pharmacy picks up for us (she lives with us) My dad is an independent 91 and lives in Portsmouth is behaving him self. My youngest brother lives with him and does the shopping :)

Part of my daily routine was to walk into Keynsham for shopping and exercise. Obviously stopped that. I go shopping on a Friday leave the wife at home as she comes under the vulnerable category. I wipe the trolley handles and have my own bottle of sanitiser. Any things we need during the week my daughter who works in a pharmacy picks up for us (she lives with us) My dad is an independent 91 and lives in Portsmouth is behaving him self. My youngest brother lives with him and does the shopping :)

I know they're being careful but it doesn't need to be every week, I should have mentioned that they get most things delivered from a local farm shop that used to supply schools but obviously now isn't...

Yeh a pub local to us is doing food deliveries utilising their wholesalers. May look into that.

Well I'm sure you're all very public spirited etc but the fact remains that people need food and cannot get any slots for home delivery though was lucky to get a Click and Collect at Sainsbury's yesterday but had great difficulty in keeping the Sainsbury's operative a decent distance from me.
There are a few people who initially offered to get things for us but they're now working from home and haven't got the time to go out for others and queue for shopping for us as well as themselves.
Our only underlying health problem is that we're both in our 80s!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom