Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Lies And Bull**** From Bt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by samjet, May 3, 2005.

1. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yesterday my phone packed in - discovered at 2.30pm - the caller display unit said 'no line'

did all suggested on bts web site (have wireless broadband :D ) inc unplugging all phones and putting back one at a time - all to no avail

rang bt to report the fault (On mobile :D ) and after pressing dozens of buttons bt confirmed that an advisor would ring between 4-6pm - surprise surprise no call :mad:

so tried to ring bt and talk to a 'human' (term used loosely) - after holding for over 45 minutes with the same recorded message saying they were very busy - i got through to an advisor

no record of an advisor supposed to call me :confused: - their checks on the line suggest the fault is within the property - how can this be?? nothing has changed?? since line was used yesterday am

i mentioned that last week bt had accessed the lines outside my house to prepare my line for bt broadband to be connected weds - also bt engineer was working on my neighbours line sat am - strange coincidence :rolleyes:

then i am told there are no engineers on duty to visit because its a bank holiday - earliest appointment is thursday am :mad:

so i ask how i am suppose to communicate - for personal reasons i need 24/7 phone access which i told them - told me to use a/my mobile - at this point i was getting slightly rattled to say the least!!

so i am supposed to buy a mobile phone because bt cannot rectify their problems :confused: - the fact i own one is irrelevant!

i then told them i know a bt engineer - they TOLD ME that if i contacted this person and they were prepared to visit when they were 'off duty' this would be ok and they could use the reference number i was given :( :( absolute madness

as for no engineers being on duty - thats i lie - they are just not on domestic call out even if they are sat with their feet up drinking coffee (no insults to engineers they are only doing what they are told)

after much complaining - they agreed to have a look at the work rota this am to see if they could call earlier than thursday - but they needed to be able to phone me :suicide:

what a shower of to**ers - might well cancel my broadband order - at least in still have net access with my current system

PS when you ring to report a line fault they suggest you go to their web site - if your phone is off how the hell do you access their web site :confused:

rant over - for now!!!!!!!

2. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    You always get that with COMS companies I get really riled when you phone a internet helpline and they tell you common faults can be found at www.howthe****amisupposedtocheck.com :D

These companies are really bad at answering the phone as well I dread to think how much the mobile call cost you.

By the way dont lose your rag with the person on the other end of the phone ask for a manager they are payed to listen to you shout and insult, the customer service assistant is not. :)

Good luck with them anyway

3. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    does anybody know if you are entitled to financial compensation for the days without a telephone service :confused:

i'm certainly going to bill them for 45 minutes on the mobile

what gets me about their staff is they spend all this time telling you why they CANNOT do anything rather than getting off their ass and doing something :mad:

they don't even sound as though they have any interest in the job and i guess their replies come off a crib sheet - and btw i was not talking to the indian call centre :D

peanuts and monkeys spring to mind :eek:

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +882
    If I remember correctly they have a set period which they should visit to try and fix the line - if they cannot come in that time period you then are eligable for a tiny amount of compensation (basically works out little more than the line rental).

The other point to note it is based on when they can come rather than when you are available to be there so if they say they can give you a 8am-12 appointment but you say you cant get time off work you are would only be entitled to compensation (if applicable) up to that appointment date and not the 2 weeks later when they actually have a weekend slot available.

5. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,138
  6. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: