Licorice Pizza (New P.T Anderson film) 1st Jan 2022

^ Jealous this isn’t showing near me yet. Big PTA fan.
The big chains don’t seem to have it yet. My local independent did though, not been there for a couple of years and now I’ve been twice in a week !
In previous times I wouldn’t have bothered or waited till home viewing.
Since covid, I decided life is too short.

It’s so weird that this doesn’t seem to be available to watch anywhere and yet all the films I saw at the cinema had the trailer for this so it’s had a marketing push but not the distribution

It’s so weird that this doesn’t seem to be available to watch anywhere and yet all the films I saw at the cinema had the trailer for this so it’s had a marketing push but not the distribution
Certain films get a run at independent cinemas before they make it to the big chain venues.

As I understand it, the 1st January date was for "selected" sites and that it will go wider on the 7th (though how much wider remains to be seen as the listings for most places aren't up yet).

I haven't seen it yet but should be doing so in 70mm at Picturehouse Central this weekend.

Decided to book online for one of the 70mm screenings at Picturehouse Central (nearly £18 for the ticket) rather than risk not getting my preferred seat by waiting until the day so I can use my Cineworld Unlimited card (which would make the ticket £6 instead). Don't feel so bad about this cost given the celluloid projection factor.

It still won't be showing at my Cineworld next week, I really want to see this as well.

It was out in my local Cineworld today and I've just got back from seeing it. I loved it, the film time flew by and I could have happily sat and watched another 3 hours of it. I've got an unlimited card and will probably go and watch it again next week.

Was going to drag myself to the umpteenth Scream film but lo and behold Licorice Pizza finally showing at my Cineworld!

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Fell in love with the two main characters, and just enjoyed seeing them hustle their way from one misadventure to the next. The best would-be romance I’ve seen in years. 9/10

Pleasantly surprised to see that my local Odeon Luxe has dedicated one of its six screens to Licorice Pizza for the week, so I also decided to opt for P.T. Anderson’s latest rather than the Scream reboot and can only concur with the glowing reviews already written about this delightful movie.

Caught it again tonight. Smoothed out some of my issues, still can’t escape that’s it’s fundamentally in weird territory.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom