1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Licence To Kill & the decompression chamber

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Setenza, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I saw this in the cinema in 1989, fully aware that several key scenes had been cut.

Now what I'm confused about was exactly what happened during the infamous Anthony Zerbe in the decompression chamber scene.

I recollect the following. He goes in, puts his fingers in his ears, screams, head inflated then, bang it burst (off camera) and what you saw was a splatt of blood go over the window.

Now I've seen the R1 copy on DVD and the R2 DVD (which now has the cuts waived), but what you get is subtly different.

The head swells, you hear the off screen burst (like before), but you now see a reaction shot of one of Sanchez's henchmen wincing in disgust.

No splatt! Did I imagine this or was the subsequent video and DVD releases altered from the theatrical prints (due to the films poor performance).

Anyone got any thoughts?

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the dvds are cut as the Felix shark scenes is missing the bloody stump shot etc The Japanese LD was Uncut and Danish vhs is uncut so i've read from other forums.
    The whipping scene was cut down on the Old UK releases Not sure what else?

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    They originally showed it un-cut in the cinema also on the first screening of it on ITV but the now show the cut version. The uncut version does show his head blowing up and splating on the decompression chamber window no cutting away.