Lian Li PC60 v PC7... What's the difference??

evildonut

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm on the lookout for an aluminium PC case, and so far Lian Li seem to give the best value for money.

Now, on the same website I can get a PC60 for £120 and a PC7 for £90.

I don't see ANY difference between the 2, therefore I am tempted by the PC7... Or am I missing something?

Also, am I right in thinking that Lian Li cases are a little bit oversized?

Thanks!

PC7 dosn't have removeable motherboard tray, and has a different grill pattern on the front.

I have a pc7 but since I got mine I think they changed the buttons.

JSW,

Yes from your album I see that the buttons are different, I like either anyway...

I see that you've carefully chosen your components! Why do you have an HCPC and a DVD player? (or was it a CD player?)

How do you rate :
- The lack of removeable tray?
- The noise generated by your PC? I'll go for a quieter solution than yours, but it's a good place to start...

Hi

The lack of a removeable mobo tray is not an issue as it is so easy to work inside the spacious case anyway :)

The pc isn't my hcpc its just being played with at the mo as one for testing purposes.

The pc was designed and built as a games machine and to break 10K 3d 2001 marks.

I have 3 pc's and a laptop and will have a 4th pc as a hcpc as soon as the Dign case arrives.

The hcpc when built will be silent :)

I will still use the Tosh DVD player and the hcpc will be used for big screen gaming and divx, mp3 etc.

Thanks for clarifying, it makes more sense now!

What's a Dign case BTW?

htpcprospekt.jpg

How much is that black DIGN case?, looks the business if you ask me!. What kind of motherboard would it take though? P3 or P4 ??
or max motherboard size would be handy..

Hey evil! I've also been thinking about saving cash and getting the PC7. There is one other difference apart from those previousley mentioned: No fan speed control for the three internal fans, wheras the PC60 has adjustable fans for the front two (but not the rear). The fans are meant to be quiet at full speed so I'm not sure how much difference it wll make.

Can anyone fill me in on which Lian-Li cases support USB 2.0 with their front USB ports? I've heard that the older cases like the PC60 and PC7 are compatible, but I'd like someone to verify this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom