lh4010 Sync Problem

barryriley

Standard Member
I recently bought a LH4010 32" from Richer Sounds. Firstly, what an absolutely amazing picture for a great price. 1080p is just breathtaking. I'm a bit of an LG Fanboy and have never been steered wrong by the company so far.

However, I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the TV when connected to a Philips BDP30 via HDMI. The audio seems to be about 1/4 second behind the image. As I'm sure anyone with the same problem realises, this takes about that 1/4 second to send you completely mad and it's difficult to enjoy a film knowing it's there.

I read on some of the posts here that this has been a problem with previous LG TVs when running through HDMI so I assumed that it was the TV rather than the Blu Ray player.

Does anyone have any advice for me in resolving this (which would be greatly appreciated)?

Cheers guys

Last edited:

Malacath

Novice Member
I recently bought a LH4010 32" from Richer Sounds. Firstly, what an absolutely amazing picture for a great price. 1080p is just breathtaking. I'm a bit of an LG Fanboy and have never been steered wrong by the company so far.

However, I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the TV when connected to a Philips BDP30 via HDMI. The audio seems to be about 1/4 second behind the image. As I'm sure anyone with the same problem realises, this takes about that 1/4 second to send you completely mad and it's difficult to enjoy a film knowing it's there.

I read on some of the posts here that this has been a problem with previous LG TVs when running through HDMI so I assumed that it was the TV rather than the Blu Ray player.

Does anyone have any advice for me in resolving this (which would be greatly appreciated)?

Cheers guys
I have an LH5000. The same problem with you although with a ps3.

I've found that in my case it is because for some reason the LG tv can't sync Dolby digital 5.1 properly with the picture.

I've had to stop the ps3 from outputting Dolby 5.1 through HDMI.
If there is an option on your phillips to not use Dolby through HDMI then try that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom