• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LH2000 v LH3000

jetsetwilly58

Standard Member
The 2000 is going cheap in a few stores.

As far as I can see the only diff is with the resolution?

Not knowing a great deal about modern TV's...

Which model is best value?

I watch mainly non HD TV and play Xbox360 occasionally.

Thanks

Retro Techno

Established Member
The 2000 is going cheap in a few stores.

As far as I can see the only diff is with the resolution?

Not knowing a great deal about modern TV's...

Which model is best value?

I watch mainly non HD TV and play Xbox360 occasionally.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If it were my money, I'd be looking at the LH3000. It's a better TV than the 2000. It has a better panel with better colour reproduction than the 2000. It's also full HD 1080p which, although not essential for SD TV viewing, you might wish to upgrade at a later date, buy a Blu-ray player or use your Xbox to upscale DVD to 1080 resolution. If you are going for a TV larger than 32", consider a full HD panel.
The 3000 also has three HDMI inputs, as opposed to 2 on the 2000 model. The more the merrier in today's digital world.
The 3000 also has the intelligent sensor - a nice little set it and forget it feature that is useful if you don't wish to calibrate every input of your TV to a set standard. I use the sensor for normal TV viewing and when playing the odd game on a console.
If your budget can stretch to it, the 3000 is the one to go for.

jetsetwilly58

Standard Member
Thanks.

I know the 3000 is better (as reflected in name and price), just don't know how much I watch TV to justify the extra cost.

It is better, but is it WAY better? Is the 2000 good enough?

Retro Techno

Established Member
For just TV? Yeah, I guess the 2000 is good enough. It's the LCD equivalent of the TV's we had 10 years ago, except with higher resolution and up to date connections.
If you think you'll never use the TV for more than you say, I can't really see a reason for not going for it. If you see yourself wanting more from a TV in the future, the little extras on the 3000 will help you out.

Retro Techno

Established Member
The LF2510 is only better than the 2000 by having a full HD panel, and that really is the main difference. There really is very little info about the lf2510 for two main reasons. 1. It is based on an older model, possibly as early as 2008, maybe an LG3000. Not bad, but not up to date.
Reason 2. the 2510 was/is intended for the European mainland, and most any info on it is not in English. Chances are, it is available here as 'cheap' import, helping the retailers to increase their profit margin on this TV.

As you say, it is smack bang in the middle of the LH2000 and LH3000. I can't really add more to it. You could quite easily go round in circles with these three TV's.

jetsetwilly58

Standard Member
Thank you for all your help.

I feel that I have been left behind with all the new (not that new) TV technology. A TV was always a TV judged only by size but all the HD etc has left me scratching my head.

Will go and look at the 2000 and 3000 and make up my mind.

Thanks

Retro Techno

Established Member
These are the main comparisons.

LH2000 LH3000 LF2510​

1080/720
720 1080 1080​

10bit/8bit
8 bit 10 bit 10 bit​
panel

Intelligent
NO YES NO​
Sensor

HDMI
2 3 2​

As you can see, just from those four comparisons, the LF2510 is dead centre. It has a bit of one and a bit of the other.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom