LGTV + pioneer vsx-529 ARC problem

Luopio

Novice Member
So I’m new to these AV-receivers, the last one I had was from the 80’s and it was simple to set up, but now I decided to upgrade my sound systems and bought Pioneer vsx-529.

The problem is that I don’t get any sound out of my TV to the avr, ARC is set on, HDMI cable (high-speed) is connected from the OUT-port on avr to ARC port on the TV. I’ve tried every channel (I suppose it should be TV or HDMI?) and also PCM is set to ON on the TV, simplink has been off and on (not working either way). I can get the menu open on the TV-screen so the tv does recognize the input from the pioneer, just not the other way around.

This is way secondary but I also tried listening to some music through RCA-aux from my phone and it worked nicely, just that it does sound so that it should be even louder even though I cranked up the decibels to max (+15dB to front and subwoofer), I can still damage my hearing though so it’s not really a problem but my guestion is, is there some menus I’m not aware of (I only know home menu and the audio menu)? My friend has Marantz avr and he has some input menus where he can disable inputs and lower the decibels from there, can’t find anything on the manual.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom