LGSM9000

sleepylaser

How are people anticipating the new mid range led lcd?

IPS putting people off? Dolby vision and LG propriety dynamic metadata switching people on? How about that hdmi 2.1?

I’ve always liked WebOS, and LG’s way with picture quality. I did find their earlier edge lit hdr TVs a little too prone to column of light issues. Hoping that the FALD here reduces that (accepting of some blooming).

Wonder when we will start to see reviews/impressions??

rupert81

I wouldn't hold your breath, i never saw a review of the sk9500 from any credible source. It seems lg just want to push OLED even though IPS make up the majority of their sales.

D

Deleted member 824553

Maybe we could spam Vincent Teoh on Youtube to review it :D

D

Deleted member 824553

Hmmm... I don't know... I grew a little weary about Nano cell reviews... The last SK9500, wherever I asked, was considered crap for the price.

So will this one also be reviewed as great, and then crapped by everyone else because of "poor" IPS? ...

zebie

Hmmm... I don't know... I grew a little weary about Nano cell reviews... The last SK9500, wherever I asked, was considered crap for the price.

So will this one also be reviewed as great, and then crapped by everyone else because of "poor" IPS? ...
There seemed to be a few owners over at the avsfourm link above, they seemed happy with theirs, no one saying they would be sending it back

D

Deleted member 824553

There seemed to be a few owners over at the avsfourm link above, they seemed happy with theirs, no one saying they would be sending it back
Maybe, but even the Mod here will tell you it is crap, only politely ;)

sleepylaser

I’m taking the abt review positively. Not much else at 49” with Dolby vision, decent OS, VRR, etc.

sleepylaser

The Sony xg90?
It’s closest in many ways. The Sony OS and smart platform are behind webOS in important ways for my typical use. If you need VA over IPS more, then the Sony edges in front.

As far as 49” sizes go I feel that Samsung have slipped behind a bit this year (in terms of key new features), due to lack of DV and VRR. The Q70R does appear to have a high contrast panel, but hdr format and new gaming features are becoming key for me.

rupert81

Darko reviewed the sk8500 and gave it a thumbs up. I personally take reviews with a pinch of salt. What matters is an end users priorities.

Dubav

Standard Member
Love my 49sk8500pla and the sound isn't bad either. Read all the reviews and was a little hesitant but got a cracking price from RS. Doesn't beat my OLED but it's a cracking TV imho and you can leave sky news on all day if that's your thing..:)

rupert81

Love my 49sk8500pla and the sound isn't bad either. Read all the reviews and was a little hesitant but got a cracking price from RS. Doesn't beat my OLED but it's a cracking TV imho and you can leave sky news on all day if that's your thing..:)
Glad you're enjoying it. The SK9500 is a cracking buy now too at 899!!

zebie

Abt have done a comparison video between the sm9000 and the Samsung q70r . Although there videos dont show true quality of the TVs as there cameras are dull. This video show a better reflection of what the TV would look like colour wise

GRymerz

I got the lgsm9000 and had it few weeks.

Really is a great Tv for the price

The smaller oleds not worth it yet...they will go down soon or Id have got one,,,eg 48inch etc

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom