1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGPX11 & Screen Burn

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vipen, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all, as the days count down to a purchase of some sort, i just wondered how the LGPX11 fairs compared to the Panny with regards to screen burn?

I haven't heard any horror stories but maybe people have had image retention problems and not bothered to air their view or maybe it's somewhere in that absolutely massive LG thread which is threatening to take down AV-Forums servers :laugh:

I watch alot of Sky and play xbox every now and again so it is an issue for me and i'd gladly buy an lcd if the technology was 'there' together with the price.

so any issues on this front?

2. googlybear

googlybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The old version of this set that i had did have image retention quite badly. The new version has no image retention at all

3. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    hmmm, this is the firmware issue right? or is there really a new version??

did you follow of thorough run in period at low level contrast (i think that's right?) of 200 hours?

i take it your very happy with your PX11 then? it's either this or the panny, but tbh, i don't want to pay alot right now in this fast changing area because maybe in two years i'll upgrade and at least i can sell it as H/D compatible (to a degree) whereas the Panny might be a stickler to get rid of when the H/D juggernaut starts it's (slow) motor.

4. googlybear

googlybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there really is a newer version. In the lg thread (i forget the name, sorry) someone posted that they called LG and LG said there has been a screen upgrade and a processor upgrade aswell as the firmware update.

I have had my new screen for just over a week and have only turned the contrast down from 100 to 80. Low power is off. All in all it is a fantastic screen straight out of the box

Get the LG :clap:

5. mpadgett

mpadgett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    image retention is common within the first five minutes of turning the set on. but this only lasts a couple of mins until the set warms up.

screenburn hasnt been an issue. i watch sky a lot and also play a reasonable amount of xbox. i was also worried about screenburn when i first got the scrren but now i use it care free as its so uncommon its not worth worrying about..

cheers

6. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are suggestions/reccomendations in the New Plasma LG RZ-42PX11 thread for the first 200 hours of use in order to minimse screen burn. Out of the box the LG has a fantastic display. I am currently following those reccomendations and am doing so but the picture is a bit :eek: . Can't wait until I can tweak it back to a good picture :)