LGC1+Apple TV4K+Vizio M51ax-J6

JKnox92

Novice Member
I have an issue. I have the LG C1 and an Apple TV4K and a Vizio M51ax-J6 sound bar I just bought. I had an older Vizio v series 2.1 soundbar and sub connected via optical. I only stream using the Apple TV4K and before when I watched something like Encanto it said Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at the top right. Since I got this new soundbar that I know for a fact supports Atmos and DTSx and hooked it up with an hdmi cable that came with the soundbar in the eARC port on both the tv and soundbar. Now it never says Dolby Atmos and I can’t figure out what is going on. CEC is turned on and I have the Apple TV4K plugged into the tv and even tried plugging it right into the soundbar but it still won’t say Dolby Atmos. What am I missing here?! Please help

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'and before when I watched something like Encanto it said Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at the top right' - not much call for Surround and Immersive streams with a 2.1 Soundbar!

Which content streams are you using? The likes of Netflix only offers you Atmos when you have the highest tier subscription and usually only on English streams.

Is your Soundbar eARC or ARC enabled?

Joe

Somar2230

Novice Member
From RTINGS
Update 10/20/2021: We received feedback from a user who experienced issues playing LPCM content over Apple TV and Xbox.
[mod edit - please don’t link rival reviews. If you can assist tha OP to sort their Issue, just post that assistance]

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom