Lg7000 secret menu, just found it

iamcrunchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is well known yet but i just found a secret menu.

Hold Menu on the tv and menu on the remote at the same time.

A pin number box will come up, i just typed 0 0 0 0 and the menu appeared!

First time i got a large menu, second time i got to an EZ Menu with less options?!?!

Maybe someone more clever can decode all the options!

Last edited:
Thats not really a 'secret' menu... its a service menu. i don't think you'll find much/anything that will be useful to you.... best not to change anything as it usually is for good!! :lesson:

Thanks iamcrunchie, very interesting, there is a lot of stuff in there, I am sure someone will tell us what it all means.
I even spotted something called Hotel Mode?

if you dont know what they are for, then stay out of the service manual.
you can mess up the tv, and invalidate your warranty.

if you dont know what they are for, then stay out of the service manual.
you can mess up the tv, and invalidate your warranty.

Sorry to disagree but unless it states explicitly in the T&C's or even a warning on screen (it doesn't) that the service menu is off limits and invalidates your warranty if you mess with it, then it can easily be considered a "Easter Egg" and as such LG could be liable as they didn't take steps to sufficiently prevent user access

Very useful option on the 'secret' EZ Menu, test patterns, will make the screen completely white/red/green/blue/black.

Makes identifying stuck/dead pixels and sub-pixels easy.

Sorry to disagree but unless it states explicitly in the T&C's or even a warning on screen (it doesn't) that the service menu is off limits and invalidates your warranty if you mess with it, then it can easily be considered a "Easter Egg" and as such LG could be liable as they didn't take steps to sufficiently prevent user access

ok then, next time your tv breaks,tell them you messed about in the service menu,its hidden for a reason, so people dont mess it up.

and i never said "would" invalidate your warranty, i said you "can",with which i meant, because in some instance they may refuse to look at it because of such actions.:mad:

and i'll say it again, if you dont know what you are doing, stay out of it.

It's interesting that the advanced Panel Options are greyed out even in this menu. Perhaps a different PIN number is needed to access it.

I read somewhere that ISF engineers can calibrate the LG7000 panels through some secret menu then they update your 'Expert 1' and 'Expert 2' presets to 'ISF Day' and 'ISF Night'.

I found these earlier too, whilst looking for the AV3 discrete input code.

Be VERY careful with random code searching...I was using my Philips Pronto and a 1-255 IR code pattern to sequentially hunt the code I wanted.

Code 249 selects COM port baud rate (for updates/service, presumably)

Code 250 will POWER DOWN and RESET your TV to default (i.e. shop/home selection) - this was rather annoying to find :)

Code 251 gives engineering menu

Code 252 gives factory picture check (keep pressing for various tests)

Code 253 gives factory sound check (keep pressing for various tests)

Code 254 gives Power only/white screen test

Code 255 gives "EZ Adjust Screen"

Obviously be careful when looking at anything like that!!!!! :)

I was looking to see if there was any other version info for the DVB - but didn't change anything other than the inadvertent reset!

LG could be liable as they didn't take steps to sufficiently prevent user access

isn't the 'hold down menu on the remote and the TV and then enter a password' (albeit an easy one) not enough!?!!?... what do you want them to do put a padlock on it?! ;)

isn't the 'hold down menu on the remote and the TV and then enter a password' (albeit an easy one) not enough!?!!?... what do you want them to do put a padlock on it?! ;)

Dont have a service menu, a Nice Jtag with an external connection would do ;) oh and a socketed flash ;)....with a bit of luck the tv could do xvids :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom