LG60PS8000 Replacement

slocombe

Novice Member
I've just had word from my insurance company that my LG60PS8000 has been declared a write off.

I'd been experiencing a situation which a few others had referred to across the web whereby the bottom half of the screen would intermittently go duller than the top half due to every second line being complete black.

The repair company assigned by the insurer collected and the word is that they are unable to repair it, possibly because they are unable to resource replacement parts.

Anyway, the why is kinda irrelevant. The real issue is that the insurer is now assessing what a direct equivalent replacement would cost and they'd then make me an offer based upon that.

I've trawled the net and cant find the unit which LG now produce which directly superceded my model. Does anyone know? I can then get a handle on the approximate figure I should be looking for when they contact me to make me their offer.

mjbtin

I've just had word from my insurance company that my LG60PS8000 has been declared a write off.

I'd been experiencing a situation which a few others had referred to across the web whereby the bottom half of the screen would intermittently go duller than the top half due to every second line being complete black.

The repair company assigned by the insurer collected and the word is that they are unable to repair it, possibly because they are unable to resource replacement parts.

Anyway, the why is kinda irrelevant. The real issue is that the insurer is now assessing what a direct equivalent replacement would cost and they'd then make me an offer based upon that.

I've trawled the net and cant find the unit which LG now produce which directly superceded my model. Does anyone know? I can then get a handle on the approximate figure I should be looking for when they contact me to make me their offer.
The closest LG models this year spec wise would be the 60 PK790 and PK990.

Regards Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom