Quantcast

LG55m960V losing channels when turned off

Sarjsmith

Standard Member
Hi,I live in Germany and have 2 Satellites one for English and one for German TV. They switch using DisEqc. Bought an LG55m960V this weekend and it uses a built in sat receiver.
Scanned for the German tv on Astra 19.2 and English on Astra 28.2, the tv found all the channels and I thought that was it.........however when the TV is turned off it loses the German channels )but the english remain. I then have to go and rescan the German Sat but it does the scan in about a minute instead of the original 20 mins or so and then the german channels are then again! I have put the Sats in the same order as before German first, English second and set the disEqc to A for German Sat and B for English sat. There is a CI card installed for the German HD channels and I have tried putting our most watched channels into favourites, but the German ones disappear again each time the TV is turned off. Any advice would be greatly received.

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Doesn't the manual for the TV give you any information about saving the channels?

Sarjsmith

Standard Member
The Tv gives instructions on how to save the channels you want but the german ones keep disappearing when turned off! I'm think it must be something to do with the DisEqc but I don't know what:blush:

logiciel

have 2 Satellites one for English and one for German TV. They switch using DisEqc.
Does that mean that you have two dishes, and where is the switch located?

Sarjsmith

Standard Member
Yes we have two dishes and the and the disEqc is located in the attic where it feeds into the tvs in the house. I think its probably a job for the local telly guy, its probably only a simple thing but I can't solve it:rolleyes:

logiciel

Then to check the possibility that the problem is with the switch you can exchange the switch's inputs and see whether that reverses the way the problem shows itself.

Sarjsmith

Standard Member
If it was the switch though wouldn't the other tvs (with seperate sat receivers) be affected (they aren't).

logiciel

So
the disEqc is located in the attic where it feeds into the tvs in the house
means
If it was the switch though wouldn't he other tvs (with seperate sat receivers)
?
In that case it must be a multiswitch rather than a straightforward 2-way DiSeqC switch.
Then it does look like something for the installer to look into.

Last edited:
Top Bottom