LG50PM680T audio sync problem

11gaz11

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Purchased a new 50" LG plasma tv last week. Set it all up and all was well and good. Looks fab! However, i'm running it through my Yamaha RX-V667 amp and having some really annoying audio sync problems where the audio is lagging behind the video.

The amp does have a lipsync option which i have changed and got it to the point where it is a lot better but is still noticible. I am quite a newbie when it comes to AV stuff and was wondering if there is anything else i can change/need to change or whether i am going to be stuck with this problem. If i'm stuck with it then the tv will have to go back because it is an issue that really bugs me. I didn't have this problem with my 42" Panny. Like i say, the problem is a lot better than when i first rigged everything up but it is still noticible.

HDMI cable runs from Sky HD box to amp with another HDMI cable from PS3 to amp. Amp then carries everything to TV with another HDMI.

Any ideas or solutions?

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place. Hopefully i haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with my 50PM670T. Emailed LG and the reply stated it wasn't a known issue and to use the a/v sync controls on the TV.

I've ended up routing everything through the TV and then optical to the amp.

I had the same problem with my 50PM670T. Emailed LG and the reply stated it wasn't a known issue and to use the a/v sync controls on the TV.

I've ended up routing everything through the TV and then optical to the amp.

Can i ask how exactly you did this please? Not 100% sure how to go about this! I would really appreciate it if you could let me know and make it as idiot proof as possible :)

Is the sync spot on now then?

Thanks in advance

bought this two days ago and like above got a slight lipsync problem with sky which was easily solved by retarding the digital audio output delay by 200ms in the sound menu on the sky hd box sorted now and am impressed with the tv. just looking for someone who has calibrated for optimum picture and can post the setting on here. thanks

Im thinking about getting this set as i've seen it for £699 and im quite impressed with what i've heard.What's the 3d like on it?

BUMP...Right just got this set,what are the best settings to run this unit in?I have activated the Orbital setting so just want to know if theres a recommended brightness setting etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom